ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Pub/sub - publishing messages to different subscribers

Pub/sub - publishing messages to different subscribers « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kishi_25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Pub/sub - publishing messages to different subscribers Reply with quote

Centurion

In general, Applications will publish messages to topic string and all the subscribers of that topic string will receive it. I got a requirement for, applications wants to publish a message to a topic string and different subscriptions will receive each time. There will be 10-15 subscriptions and every time, the subscribers of topic will change. i.e. one time the subscriber 1,2 and 3 will receive publication and next time the subsrciber 4,5 and 6 will receive. Is this possible to implement? if so, how can we do it? does it need to be controlled from topic side or subscription side with some dynamic setup?
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Pub/sub - publishing messages to different subscribers Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

kishi_25 wrote:
Is this possible to implement?

No, because it's ridiculous. Ask whoever's given you this "requirement" what they're actually trying to achieve.

If (as I suspect) they're trying to load balance the applications processing the subscriptions then a) they should say so and b) this isn't how you'd achieve it.
tczielke
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

You may want to review shared subscriptions (which was new with JMS 2.0/MQ 8.0) -> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.dev.doc/q119140_.htm

It maybe what you are looking for.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

tczielke wrote:
You may want to review shared subscriptions (which was new with JMS 2.0/MQ 8.0) -> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.dev.doc/q119140_.htm

What will they think of next??
kishi_25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

tczielke,

I went through the link. But, couldn't understand how these will fit into my requirement. Not sure, whether I represented the requirement in clear.

In my requirement Source application is JAVA, it needs to publish message to topic and we have MQ in middle with 15 different subscriptions with different target queues on MQ. there are 2 target clients which will make connection to MQ and consume these messages. Every time, the source application Java wants to send messages to different set of subscriptions.

For the options in the link,
1 cloned subscription - It says, Cloned subscriptions enable multiple consumers in different Javaâ„¢ virtual machines (JVMs) concurrent access to the subscription. This behavior can be used by setting the CLONESUPP property to Enabled on a connectionFactory object.

---------
where should we configure this..is it on source side? if so, how the target will get these messages as they can make connection to only MQ?
Is there any other more detailed link with an example setup
If it's on source side, is int'it complex implementation on source side as they have to handle 15 different subscriptions and their destinations dynamically?

2. Shared subscription - Each message from the subscription is delivered to only one of the consumers on that subscription
---- This doesn't seems to be fit, as it says only one consumer can get message.
tczielke
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

I am having a hard time following your requirements, so it is hard for me to provide any more insight.
vinay.gollapalli
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

You can have selectors used for subscriptions for different queues receive messages not all at a time .

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21412006

Again i really don't know whether they will be publishing same message or will they be publishing different messages which consumers expect for different queues .

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Pub/sub - publishing messages to different subscribers
Jump to: