ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Sender channel in retrying mode without reason

Sender channel in retrying mode without reason « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
matth
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Sender channel in retrying mode without reason Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi:

I have an MQSeries (8.0.0.5) runining on Windows machine. I had some issue with one sender channel which entered in retrying mode. In log files, there is no reason, but shows an attempt to start it, as below:

-------------------------------------------------------
1/30/2018 11:57:00 - Process(8968.1) User(MUSR_MQADMIN) Program(amqrcmla.exe)
Host(A) Installation(Installation1)
VRMF(8.0.0.5) QMgr(QM.A)

AMQ9514: Channel 'CA.TO.B' is in use.

EXPLANATION:
The requested operation failed because channel 'CA.TO.B' is
currently active.
ACTION:
Either end the channel manually, or wait for it to close, and retry the
operation.

These attempts to start weren´t made by user request, due there is not Start command attempts on log file.

After some minutes, channel has become to Running state without intervention.

Unfortunately, I don´t have acess to Queue Manager on B side or any log files on this side.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

A channel will retry for a variety of reasons, and will continue to retry according to the retry attributes of the channel. What info in the error log precedes the entry you posted?
matth
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

bruce2359 wrote:
A channel will retry for a variety of reasons, and will continue to retry according to the retry attributes of the channel. What info in the error log precedes the entry you posted?

Ok. A side said that he tried some "start" options, with no success, but log didn´t register any root-cause to channel becomes in Retrying State.

On B side, customer said that all channels (receiver) were in Running state (which I believe to be impossible).

Att,
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Reasonably clear from the log that AMQ9514: Channel 'CA.TO.B' is in use.

Gather some information:
On both A and B, issue the MQSC DISPLAY CHSTATUS(CA.TO.B) COMMAND. Post results here - not the 'he said' kind.

Stop both ends of the channel, with MODE(FORCE), if necessary. From the non-started SDR channel issue the MQSC PING CHL(channelname) command. Again, post results here.
matth
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

bruce2359 wrote:
Reasonably clear from the log that AMQ9514: Channel 'CA.TO.B' is in use.

Gather some information:
On both A and B, issue the MQSC DISPLAY CHSTATUS(CA.TO.B) COMMAND. Post results here - not the 'he said' kind.

Stop both ends of the channel, with MODE(FORCE), if necessary. From the non-started SDR channel issue the MQSC PING CHL(channelname) command. Again, post results here.

This was an temporary situation, which I couldn´t replicate. I just wanted to understand this one. I only have access to A side data and logs. On this one, I had no information about retrying status, but receved an PrintScreen of MQExplorer which proves Retrying stante of channel.

Att,
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Read up on problem determination with mq channels here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21620770

Retry state means that the channel retry software is waiting for the current retry interval (wait) to expire.

Is this a frequent occurrence? Occasional? Rare?

Next time, issue the STOP CHANNEL(CA.TO.B) command. When the channel goes to STOPPED state, issue the MQSC PING CHANNEL(CA.TO.B) command. Post the results here.

I'm pre-configured to be suspicious of the folks at the receiver end of of a channel in retry. But that's just me.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Sender channel in retrying mode without reason
Jump to: