ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Integration node not visible in fixpack v10.0.0.11

Integration node not visible in fixpack v10.0.0.11 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
afroz11031
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Integration node not visible in fixpack v10.0.0.11 Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Dears,
I have applied new IIB fix pack v10.0.0.11 in Linux OS and after running mqsiprofile command while doing mqsilist , Integration node displaying.

Below is the process followed.
1. Downloaded the fix pack from ibm website for v10.0.0.11.
2. Extracted the tar file.
3. It created a directory iib-10.0.0.11.
4. As integration node is running in high availability , one Integration node is in active and another is passive.
5. set the mqsiprofile command in v10.0.0.10 and stopped the passive and active integration node.
6. logout from the user from where I executed the mqsistop.
7. login with the same user and run the mqsiprofile after going to iib-10.0.0.11/server/bin.
8. Executed the mqsilist and below error returned
BIP1281I: No integration nodes have been defined on this machine.
BIP8071I: Successful command completion.

I tried to see the broker log but do not see any information except "1518070563: Error: Cannot assign requested address" which seems something else.
I have followed the IBM infocenter (https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bh45510_.htm).

Please note the same process is working in other environment where we do not have HA (high availability) .

Please do the needful.

Thanks
Afroz
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Quote:
BIP8071I: Successful command completion.

The BIP msg you quoted, is that the same on both passive and active nodes?

Also any specific reason that you are running the mqsiprofile explicitly? usually it is run as part of the one of the application's user profile files. Anyway if you run 'mqsiservice -v' that you tell you which version is currently in use.
afroz11031
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

mqsiprofile is not set at the startup of login to Linux server so to execute any mqsi command this profile needs to set. After setting the profile from new fix pack it will display the new version that I know but the issue is in new version no integration node is displaying. However the same is displaying for the previous version. I am trying to find out the root cause from broker log but no getting the proper error.
afroz11031
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Dear,
Can you please advise on this issue.

Thanks
Afroz
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Have you run mqsilist -a ?
zpat
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

My understanding is that should you wish to install a new fixpack level of IIB into a new directory, that you first (re) install the base version into that directory then install the fixpack into the same directory.

You should not just install the fixpack by itself into a new directory.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Quote:

This is expected on the passive node as the integration node is available on the active one, so as I mentioned earlier are you seeing this on both passive and active nodes?

@zpat,
In IIB 10 the fixpacks are standalone installations, i.e there is no concept of base version. eg:- 10.0.0.10 and 10.0.0.11 can coexist on the same server on different folders and one can switch the installed node between the versions simply by loading the corresponding profile and restarting the node.
afroz11031
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

@abhi_thri - Yes I am getting same error even for active integration node.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

That is strange...have you done a similar upgrade successfully before, eg:- upgraded 10.0.0.9 to 10.0.0.10 on active/passive nodes without any issues? If so it might worth reviewing the installation steps used for that upgrade with the current one, in case there are any slight differences.

We've upgraded from 10.0.0.3 through to 10.0.0.7 on active/passive configuration without any issues.

Also worth comparing the directory permissions between 10.0.0.10 and 10.0.0.11. If nothing helps then I guess it is PMR time.
afroz11031
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks abhi_thri for your prompt response. No I have not done earlier for HA...I compared with the previous version directory and all the permission set is same ...
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

abhi_thri wrote:
Quote:

This is expected on the passive node as the integration node is available on the active one, so as I mentioned earlier are you seeing this on both passive and active nodes?

@zpat,
In IIB 10 the fixpacks are standalone installations, i.e there is no concept of base version. eg:- 10.0.0.10 and 10.0.0.11 can coexist on the same server on different folders and one can switch the installed node between the versions simply by loading the corresponding profile and restarting the node.

It's always been possible to install multiple versions / fixpack levels of IIB on the same server in different folders.

I think what you are saying is fixpacks are now fully rebased versions not requiring the original version to be installed beforehand. Is there an IBM statement to that effect?
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

zpat wrote:
I think what you are saying is fixpacks are now fully rebased versions not requiring the original version to be installed beforehand. Is there an IBM statement to that effect?

https://developer.ibm.com/answers/questions/308007/in-iibv10-do-i-need-to-install-ga-level-code-befor.html
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Thanks.

Don't forget to do the "-f all" ... on the broker to allow it to use the latest function.
afroz11031
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi All,
Finally got the solution and it is all about mqsiprofile,, going to the configuration mentioned in mqsiprofile tells all about the issue why the above error mentioned in my 1st statement throwing. I will post what I have changed to make this issue resolved in my next post.

However thanks to all to provide your input.

Thanks
Afroz

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Integration node not visible in fixpack v10.0.0.11
Jump to: