ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Reading multiple records using FileRead node

Reading multiple records using FileRead node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Pooja
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reading multiple records using FileRead node Reply with quote

Hi,

In a directory I have multiple records, everyday at specified time (using timeout control) I need to read them all and transfer to another directory. I am able to read only one record from the directory and then process is getting terminated.

What should be done for reading multiple records?

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you,
Pooja
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Hi Pooja...just to be clear, by 'multiple records' did you mean multiple records in a single file or multiple files itself? If you are expecting the FileRead node to read multiple files in a single go I don't think it will do that in a single transaction. You will have to re-trigger the flow for the FileRead not to pick up the next file (preferably not by internal loop wiring with the same flow to avoid stack fill-up issues, eg:- you could re-trigger the flow by sending an MQ message to itself and using the MQInput node, i.e the flow will have the trigger and MQInput nodes in it, alternatively you could just get ride of trigger node and just use MQInput node and trigger it initially by a cron job etc).

For reading multiple files can't you use the simplest way of using a FileInput node instead of trigger nodes

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Reading multiple records using FileRead node
Jump to: