ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Does Ansible support to install and create MQ objects

Does Ansible support to install and create MQ objects « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pkdec
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Does Ansible support to install and create MQ objects Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hello All,

My lead wants me explore whether we can install IBM MQ using SSH ansible and whether we can create MQ objects using ansible in n number of server.

If any one have done this please let me know whether its possible or not.

Thanks

PK
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

1. Go to google.
2. Search for 'ansible+mq'.
Raman Kathpalia
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installation via ansible - Yes, it's possible.

There are no Ansible modules specific to IBM MQ just like they are for Rabbitmq (as far as I know)

So you would create a playbook to Install MQ binaries just like you would install any other generic package.

One of the steps of playbook would be to push MQ package to remote servers from a central location before you can run install steps from the playbook.

One way of package distribution: If you have rpm based OS all across then you could create a repository of MQ rpms in one of the central location; run a web server on this location.
And have individual nodes pull those rpms from that central location using yum. You would have to Add/Enable MQ repository metadata info in these individual nodes at /etc/yum.repos.d/
The benefit is that you could add/edit rpms going forward ( say MQ FP install in future). This is indeed scalable. More information

On MQ object creation via ansible: Again since there are no Ansible modules available but you could write your own script and hit that script to all end nodes using Ansible Playbook.
You can also use ansible ad-hoc command interface for this.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Does Ansible support to install and create MQ objects
Jump to: