ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 10 bar does not include all ESQL files from library

IIB 10 bar does not include all ESQL files from library « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
codemonkey85
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: IIB 10 bar does not include all ESQL files from library Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

When building a bar file on IIB 10.0.0.10 in the toolkit with the 'Compile and in-line resources' option checked, IIB fails to include some required ESQL files from a shared library containing common procedures and variables. As we are using some nodes from the Healthcare Pack, we have to compile the flows and therefore cannot deploy as source.

Anyone come across this before? Know of a solution?

I just tried to create a subflow and include an ESQL file as part of that sub-flow containing my shared procedures, however IIB still did not include the ESQL file in the bar file

Thanks
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: IIB 10 bar does not include all ESQL files from library Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

codemonkey85 wrote:
Hi,

When building a bar file on IIB 10.0.0.10 in the toolkit with the 'Compile and in-line resources' option checked, IIB fails to include some required ESQL files from a shared library containing common procedures and variables. As we are using some nodes from the Healthcare Pack, we have to compile the flows and therefore cannot deploy as source.

Anyone come across this before? Know of a solution?

I just tried to create a subflow and include an ESQL file as part of that sub-flow containing my shared procedures, however IIB still did not include the ESQL file in the bar file

Thanks

How do you know that what your are saying is the case? Everything gets folded into the compiled flow. Check out all your configurable attributes and you'll see them all in a tree in the compiled flow...

Now shared procs get either folded into the compiled flow, or should features as separate flows of their own... However as the inline compile is more of an "old school" thing and there was no "shared" procs, but only "static" procs at that time, maybe you need to look at those?

Have fun
codemonkey85
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for your reply.

By looking at the bar file in the toolkit, you can see that when you expand the Library, it does not include all the ESQL files from the library.

Thanks
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

codemonkey85 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

By looking at the bar file in the toolkit, you can see that when you expand the Library, it does not include all the ESQL files from the library.

Thanks

Are the ESQL files not included even used in the flow? It might not compile or include files/projects that are not referenced or used...
If they should be there, I'd suggest you open a PMR.
codemonkey85
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

In my library there are approx 8 sub-flows, only 3 of those sub-flows are used in the application i'm trying to build. However the sub-flows are still included in the bar file under the library. In the library there are some stand-alone ESQL files that contain common ESQL procedures which are not included in the bar file.

This all works fine on IIB 9, seems to just be an issue with BB 10. Raised a PMR yesterday...will see what they say.

Thanks
codemonkey85
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

IBM have replied with a fix and said the existing APAR for this is IT22429. IIB Version 10.0.0.11 will contain this fix.

I have not tested the fix that IBM sent us because we removed the HL7DFDLInput nodes from our flows and therefore no longer had to use the 'compile and inline resources' option when building the bar file. Instead we use DeployAsSource and therefore no longer have the problem.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 10 bar does not include all ESQL files from library
Jump to: