ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » from soap to rest in 5 minutes on youtube

from soap to rest in 5 minutes on youtube « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jcv
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: from soap to rest in 5 minutes on youtube Reply with quote

Chevalier

When I search for "from soap to rest" on youtube, it returns on first several pages entries like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O05UzCNYsQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIDz3LxBJx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvaNw-LB3Bg
. . .
Can someone please point me at the same thing for IIB v10? I have yaml for the REST and wsdl for the SOAP and I would like to build a proxy flow for that conversion (build and expose a REST service by consuming an existing http SOAP service) as quick as possible. Thank you.
sudheer7700
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

IBM API Connect we can achieve this easily.
jcv
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Another question: yaml I was using for the POC purpose describes an API service protected by using OAuth 2.0, however, import of that yaml in IIB Toolkit doesn't seem to utilize automatically that part of document at all (or at least, not in a way visible to me). Are there any plans to implement this, or is it already implemented, but I somehow missed it?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

jcv wrote:
Another question: yaml I was using for the POC purpose describes an API service protected by using OAuth 2.0, however, import of that yaml in IIB Toolkit doesn't seem to utilize automatically that part of document at all (or at least, not in a way visible to me). Are there any plans to implement this, or is it already implemented, but I somehow missed it?

As mentioned by Sudheer7700, API Connect is much more suited to this task. it will also handle the Oauth2 part
jcv
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

I noticed his input. Don't you think however that IIB should be powerful and comprehensive enough to be suited to this task too, considering how complex and expensive it already is? So that if you already purchased IIB, invested some significant time to get familiar with it, you don't have to purchase yet another product for something that should be easily done with IIB. Or do you think that for some reason this is not reasonable reasoning?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

jcv wrote:
I noticed his input. Don't you think however that IIB should be powerful and comprehensive enough to be suited to this task too, considering how complex and expensive it already is? So that if you already purchased IIB, invested some significant time to get familiar with it, you don't have to purchase yet another product for something that should be easily done with IIB. Or do you think that for some reason this is not reasonable reasoning?

Look at the pricing of API Connect on Blue Mix. It is really inexpensive and so much better suited to this task... especially if you have to add Oauth2...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » from soap to rest in 5 minutes on youtube
Jump to: