ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » iib mongo loopback node

iib mongo loopback node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
paustin_ours
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: iib mongo loopback node Reply with quote

Yatiri

I have been following the infocenter and this link

https://developer.ibm.com/integration/blog/2016/09/02/interacting-with-mongodb-using-ibm-integration-bus-loopbackrequest-node/

when i try to deploy a flow with the loop back node, i keep getting the below error

Quote:

loopback-connector-mongodb To fix, run: npm install loopback-connector-mongodb '.

An error was received when establishing the connection to the configured LoopBack connector data source.

Check the error information to determine why the error occurred and take the appropriate action to resolve the error. The error detail is a LoopBack connector error message.

The task was unsuccessful: The deployment was unsuccessful. Check error messages above for explanation.

the npm command ran successfully. Here is the output of the command. I restarted the broker after that.

Quote:

/var/mqsi/connectors/loopback> npm install loopback-connector-mongodb --save
loopback-connector-mongodb@3.3.0 node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb
├── async@1.5.2
├── debug@2.6.9 (ms@2.0.0)
├── mongodb@2.2.33 (es6-promise@3.2.1, readable-stream@2.2.7, mongodb-core@2.1.17)
├── loopback-connector@4.4.0 (uuid@3.1.0, debug@3.1.0, bluebird@3.5.1, msgpack5@3.6.0, async@2.5.0)
└── strong-globalize@3.1.0 (optional@0.1.4, estraverse@4.2.0, word-count@0.2.2, posix-getopt@1.2.0, xtend@4.0.1, esprima@4.0.0, debug@3.1.0, md5@2.2.1, mktmpdir@0.1.1, mkdirp@0.5.1, htmlparser2@3.9.2, async@2.5.0, os-locale@2.1.0, yamljs@0.3.0, lodash@4.17.4, g11n-pipeline@2.0.4)

my broker runtime is 10.0.0.8 running on Linux

toolkit is 10.0.0.7 - i did not install anything on my development windows machine, i didn't see anything in the infocenter that tell me to do any install on the development machine for this to work.

i have mongo community edition running on the same server as the broker runtime.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

So did you test your application in the toolkit?

While the toolkit test server is running did you call the API from IIB?
paustin_ours
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

No. I did not but why would i get anything different just because i test from toolkit besides i didn't know toolkit had a test server, you mean it has a test runtime i can deploy flows into and test?

i couldn't even get it deployed. i get the above error when i try to deploy the flow.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

paustin_ours wrote:
No. I did not but why would i get anything different just because i test from toolkit besides i didn't know toolkit had a test server, you mean it has a test runtime i can deploy flows into and test?

i couldn't even get it deployed. i get the above error when i try to deploy the flow.

my understanding is you're mixing iib and api connect. So you need to run your loopback app (mongodb) in api connect and call the rest interface from IIB.

The API Connect server can provide you with a local test server and the urls for the rest API to connect to. It will then be just a matter of calling the correct API from IIB.
Am I missing something?
martinb
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi

To confirm you should be able to develop a message flow using a LoopBackRequest node in a IIB Toolkit on a machine without the IIB runtime setup, and then deploy and run that flow in a remote IIB runtime provided it has had the relevant LoopBack connector installed into it, in this case the mongoDB LoopBack connector. (There is no requirement for API connect in this use case).

Looking over you post I think you mistake was during the step "Installing the LoopBack connector". It seams you installed the modules in the wrong location, they need to be at
Code:
$MQSI_WORKPATH/node_modules

I believe you have incorrectly instaled at
Code:
/var/mqsi/connectors/loopback

Please rerun the "npm install" as
Code:
cd $MQSI_WORKPATH/node_modules
npm install loopback-connector-mongodb

HTH
paustin_ours
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

that was the most confusing part of the documentation.

in my broker, i dont have a $MQSI_WORKPATH set up. I am talking about the runtime on linux.

do you mean i need to run this npm command on my windows machine where i have my toolkit?

On my windows machine, under the MQSI_WORKPATH which is

echo %MQSI_WORKPATH%
C:\ProgramData\IBM\MQSI

C:\ProgramData\IBM\MQSI\node_modules doesn have npm. it only has npm-debug

the documentation is quite unclear. Please let me know. thanks.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

paustin_ours wrote:
that was the most confusing part of the documentation.

in my broker, i dont have a $MQSI_WORKPATH set up. I am talking about the runtime on linux.

do you mean i need to run this npm command on my windows machine where i have my toolkit?

On my windows machine, under the MQSI_WORKPATH which is

echo %MQSI_WORKPATH%
C:\ProgramData\IBM\MQSI

C:\ProgramData\IBM\MQSI\node_modules doesn have npm. it only has npm-debug

the documentation is quite unclear. Please let me know. thanks.

1. Open an IIB console
  2. mqsicommandconsole
  3. cd %mqsi_workpath%\node_modules
  4. npm install loopback-connector-mongodb

if that last line does not work make sure you install the latest node.js (Long Term Stability) version (6.10 ?)
after installation open a dos prompt and run
Code:
npm install -g npm

This will update npm to the latest version
npm -v will return the current version of npm, for me 2.15.11 (IIB V10.0.0.9 npm version).
apic version of npm returns 5.5.1...
install instructions can be found on the api connect page
After that follow the instructions above.
Note that you may have to install node.js on your target systems before deployment (and update npm)...

[Changed]
Forget all the above installation instructions for node.js.
If your IIB installation does not have npm installed it will not support the loopback connector...
[/Changed]
Thanks Martin for reminding me.

Have fun

Last edited by fjb_saper on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:43 am; edited 3 times in total
martinb
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi

Quote:
n my broker, i dont have a $MQSI_WORKPATH set up. I am talking about the runtime on lin

Then I suspect you are not running the IIB runtime mqsiprofile when you login to your Linux system.

You must source the mqsiprofile in your current shell on Linux prior to issuing any IIB "mqsi.." commands. This will also set all the "MQSI_.." environment variables. Finally it will also ensure that the "npm" command installed by IIB runtime is placed on your shell PATH so that when you execute "npm install" you are using the correct version of Node.js.
paustin_ours
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

i did a search for the node_modules directory on linux server

Quote:

./common/node/lib/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/validate-npm-package-name/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/lru-cache/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/glob/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/dezalgo/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fstream-npm/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/validate-npm-package-license/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/validate-npm-package-license/node_modules/spdx-expression-parse/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/http-signature/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/http-signature/node_modules/jsprim/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/http-signature/node_modules/sshpk/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/hawk/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/form-data/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/har-validator/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/har-validator/node_modules/commander/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/har-validator/node_modules/is-my-json-valid/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/har-validator/node_modules/is-my-json-valid/node_modules/generate-object-property/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/har-validator/node_modules/chalk/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/har-validator/node_modules/pinkie-promise/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/bl/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/bl/node_modules/readable-stream/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/combined-stream/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/request/node_modules/mime-types/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fs-write-stream-atomic/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/mkdirp/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-registry-client/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-registry-client/node_modules/concat-stream/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-registry-client/node_modules/concat-stream/node_modules/readable-stream/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/osenv/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/path-array/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/path-array/node_modules/array-index/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/path-array/node_modules/array-index/node_modules/debug/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/path-array/node_modules/array-index/node_modules/es6-symbol/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/path-array/node_modules/array-index/node_modules/es6-symbol/node_modules/es5-ext/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/minimatch/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/minimatch/node_modules/brace-expansion/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/read/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/read-installed/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/columnify/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/columnify/node_modules/wcwidth/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/columnify/node_modules/wcwidth/node_modules/defaults/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/init-package-json/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/init-package-json/node_modules/glob/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/normalize-package-data/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/normalize-package-data/node_modules/is-builtin-module/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npmlog/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npmlog/node_modules/are-we-there-yet/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npmlog/node_modules/gauge/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sha/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sha/node_modules/readable-stream/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/config-chain/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/which/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/readable-stream/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/read-package-json/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/read-package-json/node_modules/json-parse-helpfulerror/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/read-package-json/node_modules/glob/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/debug/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/readable-stream/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/readable-stream/node_modules/string_decoder/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/mongodb-core/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/mongodb-core/node_modules/require_optional/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/os-locale/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/os-locale/node_modules/lcid/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/os-locale/node_modules/mem/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/os-locale/node_modules/execa/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/os-locale/node_modules/execa/node_modules/cross-spawn/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/os-locale/node_modules/execa/node_modules/cross-spawn/node_modules/shebang-command/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/os-locale/node_modules/execa/node_modules/npm-run-path/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/md5/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/debug/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/mktmpdir/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/htmlparser2/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/htmlparser2/node_modules/domutils/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/htmlparser2/node_modules/domutils/node_modules/dom-serializer/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/url/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/babel-runtime/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/isomorphic-form-data/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/isomorphic-form-data/node_modules/form-data/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/isomorphic-form-data/node_modules/form-data/node_modules/combined-stream/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/isomorphic-form-data/node_modules/form-data/node_modules/mime-types/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/cross-fetch/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/cross-fetch/node_modules/node-fetch/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/cross-fetch/node_modules/node-fetch/node_modules/encoding/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/js-yaml/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/g11n-pipeline/node_modules/swagger-client/node_modules/js-yaml/node_modules/argparse/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/yamljs/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/strong-globalize/node_modules/yamljs/node_modules/argparse/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/loopback-connector/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/loopback-connector/node_modules/async/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/loopback-connector/node_modules/debug/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/loopback-connector/node_modules/msgpack5/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/loopback-connector-mongodb/node_modules/loopback-connector/node_modules/msgpack5/node_modules/readable-stream/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/appmetrics/node_modules
./common/node/lib/node_modules/appmetrics/node_modules/jszip/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/log4js/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/log4js/node_modules/readable-stream/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/ws/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/ws/node_modules/bufferutil/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules/on-finished/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules/proxy-addr/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules/accepts/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules/accepts/node_modules/mime-types/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules/type-is/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules/type-is/node_modules/mime-types/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules/send/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules/send/node_modules/http-errors/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules/debug/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iibswitch/node_modules/express/node_modules/finalhandler/node_modules
./server/nodejs/iib-loopback/node_modules

i do run the mqsiprofile but for some reason a MQSI_WORKPATH is not getting set. Can you point me to which node_modules directory i should run the npm from in the above list?
martinb
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Quote:
i do run the mqsiprofile but for some reason a MQSI_WORKPATH is not getting set. Can you point me to which node_modules directory i should run the npm from in the above list?

Perhaps you are "running" rather than "sourcing" the mqsiprofile so that it does not change the current shell?, to source it you must use

Code:
 $ . mqsiprofile

This must be sources correctly and it will set $MQSI_WORKPATH

The locations you show are the IIB runtime product installation directories, you must not be changing those.

The value of $MQSI_WORKPATH will depend on the type of install you have, hence you must fix your issue with running mqsiprofile first before you proceed.

A multi user install of IIB might typically use /var/mqsi/node_modules
paustin_ours
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

i did source the mqsiprofile with the . mqsiprofile

no MQSI_WORKPATH set. I checked even on our running production servers and MQSI_WORKPATH is not set..
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

paustin_ours wrote:
no MQSI_WORKPATH set. I checked even on our running production servers and MQSI_WORKPATH is not set..

Then you're either doing it wrong or you have a more serious problem than you think. MQSI_WORKPATH should be created as part of the installation process and I'm interested to discover your Prod servers are running with it missing.

In your position, I'd be freaking out about now.

See here and here.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

BTW, which Unix / Linux is this?
paustin_ours
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

sles12
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Vitor wrote:
paustin_ours wrote:

Then you're either doing it wrong or you have a more serious problem than you think. MQSI_WORKPATH should be created as part of the installation process and I'm interested to discover your Prod servers are running with it missing.

In your position, I'd be freaking out about now.

See here and here.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » iib mongo loopback node
Jump to: