ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » IPCCECSetSize & IPCCExtensionSize parameters in QM.ini

IPCCECSetSize & IPCCExtensionSize parameters in QM.ini « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vicks_mq
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: IPCCECSetSize & IPCCExtensionSize parameters in QM.ini Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi, does anyone knows these 2 parameters in QM.ini file.
we are currently on MQ V8 and I don't see these 2 parameters in IBM documentation for version 8.

On one forum we found a suggestion to add following values for these parameters in QM.ini file to resolve an existing MQ connectiojn issue. but I could not find these parameters, I suspect that they may be obsolete by now.if someone could please share information regarding it.

TuningParameters:
IPCCECSetSize=4000000

IPCCExtensionSize=128000
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: IPCCECSetSize & IPCCExtensionSize parameters in QM.i Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vicks_mq wrote:
On one forum we found a suggestion

Post a link.

vicks_mq wrote:
to resolve an existing MQ connectiojn issue.

Do you mean this issue?
krypton
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

try IBM MQ knowledge base, there is no such parameters.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q018710_.htm
vicks_mq
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

this is the link where we found someone suggested to add Tuning Parameters to resolve MQ 2009 error.

http://blog.csdn.net/linhx/article/details/5355835
vicks_mq
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

@vitor,

could you please advise on that?

Thanks,
VIcks
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vicks_mq wrote:
could you please advise on that?

Not any more than I've already contributed on the thread in question

All I can add is that I get the impression you're still trying to fix this as if it's a problem inside MQ, when that's not where the base problem lies. I have my doubts this will work out for you.
vicks_mq
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

@Vitor, thank you for reply.

what about these parameters, I can't find them in the MQ 8 documentation, are they obsolete now?

TuningParameters:
IPCCECSetSize=4000000

IPCCExtensionSize=128000

Regards,
Vicks
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vicks_mq wrote:
what about these parameters, I can't find them in the MQ 8 documentation, are they obsolete now?

If they're not documented then there's no knowing what they do, if they do anything. I've not looked at your link (because security settings at work prevent access to the site and security policies at home prevent access to things the work proxy deems unsafe ) but there's no guarantee they act the same way between versions, or that they have some other function that causes other side effects.

If you're bound and determined to continue down this path, raise a PMR, ask what these parameters do in v8 and, more importantly, if they will fix your problem.

I repeat my opinion that you're heading down the wrong path.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

There are a few usual causes of a 2009 : a badly behaving mq client application, a firewall that's configured badly for mq connections, or some kind of monitoring program that is sending the wrong kind of data to an MQ listener port.

Note that none of this has to do with the qmgr. As my esteemed colleague has said several times.
Andyh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

IPCCECSetSize is not used at MQ V8.

IPCCExtensionSize relates to the passing of large messages between 32 bit 'applications' and amqzlaa0 processes. Prior to 64 bit support (MQ V6) a large number of standardbound applications all using large buffer sizes could overwhelm one of the MQ shared memory sets for a queue manager.
MQ best practice implies an application will make a reasonable guess as to the message size it's going to get as indicated by the buffer length. If applications simply provide a huge buffer then the queue manager doesn't get an early hint as to the size of the message it's going to receive. To try and avoid copying the message payload around too often we'd like to read it straight into memory addressable by both the QMgr and the application, and this parameter was typically set by customers who had failed to provide such a hint and who consequently hit 32 bit shared memory limits.
Post V6 it's unusual to have a big volume of 32 bit apps locally bound to the QM (note that amqrmppa's are 64 bit from V6 onwards) and so it would now be extremely unusual to need to set this parameter.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » IPCCECSetSize & IPCCExtensionSize parameters in QM.ini
Jump to: