ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB v9 JDBC Direct connect with SSL

IIB v9 JDBC Direct connect with SSL « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
bobbee
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: IIB v9 JDBC Direct connect with SSL Reply with quote

Knight

So I have a customer that absolutely wants to be able to do commits out of a JCN. He is trying to do a direct connect to the database with the JDBC driver files. It is known you cannot do this with managed connection with IIB. He is processing some 873,000 transactions and that size UOW is not healthy. We got around it in other flows by breaking up the work and managing the data. He is bent on not doing that.

First, is a direct connection to DB2 from inside a JCN possible without going through IIB's managed connections possible?

Second, he is trying, 'something', right now and it does not like the path to the SSL TrustStore.jks. Any examples of this.

I would think the direct connection would not rely on the settings for the EG related to SSL. yes? no?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: IIB v9 JDBC Direct connect with SSL Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bobbee wrote:
So I have a customer that absolutely wants to be able to do commits out of a JCN. He is trying to do a direct connect to the database with the JDBC driver files. It is known you cannot do this with managed connection with IIB. He is processing some 873,000 transactions and that size UOW is not healthy. We got around it in other flows by breaking up the work and managing the data. He is bent on not doing that.

First, is a direct connection to DB2 from inside a JCN possible without going through IIB's managed connections possible?

Second, he is trying, 'something', right now and it does not like the path to the SSL TrustStore.jks. Any examples of this.

I would think the direct connection would not rely on the settings for the EG related to SSL. yes? no?

Looking for the SSL part. The answer there is not necessarily. It really depends on how the SSL context is being set up for the connection. I would expect that he could take advantage of the default SSL Context and this MIGHT use the e.g.'s keystore / truststore... No guarantee though. It might be of advantage to clearly define a keystore/trustore to be used to build the SSL Context and the SSLSocketFactory for the jdbc connection... The path to the keystore / truststore could be defined in a UDP...

Hope it helps.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB v9 JDBC Direct connect with SSL
Jump to: