ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Connecting multiple remote broker using broker file

Connecting multiple remote broker using broker file « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
visasimbu
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Connecting multiple remote broker using broker file Reply with quote

Disciple

I have tried to connect remote broker using below xml snippet.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configmgr crlNameList="" domainName="" host="abc.fex.com" listenerPort="3531" queueManager="QAM01" securityExit="" securityExitJar="" sslCipherSuite="NONE" sslDistinguishedNames="" sslKeyStore="" sslTrustStore="" svrconn="QA.WMBTI.SVRCONN"/>

I have 3 remote brokers. How can i connect 3 remote brokers using single .broker file. As of now we have 3 different files for one environment. Kindly let us know how can we make it in single broker file to connect 3 remote brokers ?

Broker - v9.0.0.8
Toolkit - v9.0.0.8
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Ain't gonna happen. 1 file per broker. If you need to group why don't you use directories??
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

fjb_saper wrote:
Ain't gonna happen. 1 file per broker. If you need to group why don't you use directories??

I forget. Can you use Eclipse working sets to provide a "folder" list under the Brokers list in the navigator view?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

I forget. Can you use Eclipse working sets to provide a "folder" list under the Brokers list in the navigator view?

The OP is not talking about grouping existing broker entries, but about grouping the .broker files that allow to create the broker entries... or may be I misunderstood his question....
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

fjb_saper wrote:
The OP is not talking about grouping existing broker entries, but about grouping the .broker files that allow to create the broker entries... or may be I misunderstood his question....

Oh. Right then.

The fact that a single broker file doesn't have a top level XML element, like <brokerlist> or etc. means that you can't put more than one in a file.

At least with the version of the broker file shown.
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

So if you pick a file name like: <BrokerName>.broker

You will have one file per broker. I have done this and it works fine for me. Of course the OP wanted one file and it is one broker per file.
visasimbu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

mqjeff wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

Oh. Right then.

The fact that a single broker file doesn't have a top level XML element, like <brokerlist> or etc. means that you can't put more than one in a file.

At least with the version of the broker file shown.

Thanks Jeff !
I was looking for one single file to connect multiple remote broker (yes! there is not top level XML element is not there) as like export and import to other work space.

Now I understood .broker file is not for export and import purpose.

Thanks all for the reply !
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The .broker file can be used for the command lines tools to operate with remote Integration Nodes like
Code:
Remove the message flow top and the dictionary bar from the integration server default on the integration node identified by the connection parameters in the file b1.broker.

mqsideploy -n b1.broker -e default -d top.cmf:bar.dictionary

Also when you have one of these for each Integration Node, new members can get connected quicker and more easily. <snark>But who cares about team members...</snark>

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Connecting multiple remote broker using broker file
Jump to: