ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » API Flow Exerciser - what is the Listener class to use?

API Flow Exerciser - what is the Listener class to use? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
john.ormerod
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: API Flow Exerciser - what is the Listener class to use? Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello
I'm investigating the use of the Flow Exerciser API in terms of getting recorded data. I have only found two articles with sample code.
1. https://developer.ibm.com/integration/blog/2015/03/27/unit-testing-a-message-flow-in-ibm-integration-bus-10-0/
2.https://developer.ibm.com/integration/blog/2015/06/03/using-flow-exerciser-iib-v10/

The first one says that you could establish a listener to enable you to retrieve the recorded. What I can't find is any info on what listener class to use. For example, for changes I use the AdministeredObjectListener, but that doesn't feel like the one to use - unless the event is knowing that recording mode has been established.

After that, I don't yet have a clear picture of the code structure I need to handle getting the data. If some guidance is available, it could save me a lot of trial and error. For instance, do I have to keep issuing 'getRecordedTestData(filterProps)' in a loop with a sleep time, or can I get notified?

I've been working on getting message data by subscribing to Monitoring Events - this looks a lot easier, though it might have different performance implications.

One immediate question comes to mind. Is the recorded data removed from IIB's store after issuing the 'getRecordedTestData(filterProps)' request? It's not clear to me, as to how you keep the size of this to an acceptable level?

Unless one exists, this seems to me to be a topic for a Red Piece, if these still exist.
Regards, John

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » API Flow Exerciser - what is the Listener class to use?
Jump to: