ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WMBT800 - Can't use TLS1.2 to talk to SVN.

WMBT800 - Can't use TLS1.2 to talk to SVN. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
DSPS
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: WMBT800 - Can't use TLS1.2 to talk to SVN. Reply with quote

Apprentice

I have a broker toolkit, patched to 8.0.0.9 with SubVersion and the Polarion connectors installed, but when ever I try to connect to our SVN repository, which, by edict, is secured with TLS1.2, I get an error: -

svn: E175002: RSA premaster secret error

Most of the hits I find for this relate to JSSE and the java.security file, so tried various things, including copying the JSSE implementation classes and java.security file from a different Eclipse instance on the same workstation that does connect to SVN, also using TLS 1.2 and also using Java 1.6 - same error.

A colleague has suggested that I should just accept that the version of Subversion that's compatible with Eclipse 3.6 (Broker 8 ) is so old it won't work and that we should just use Tortoise SVN outside of the workspace to perform commits and the like, but that sounds like defeat....

Any (polite) suggestions please?

https://www-01.ibm.com/software/support/lifecycleapp/PLCDetail.wss?from=spf&synkey=V592217D13433W83
Suggests that broker 8 dropped out of support back in April, so I won't be opening a PMR then....
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: WMBT800 - Can't use TLS1.2 to talk to SVN. Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

DSPS wrote:
Any (polite) suggestions please?

Point out the paradox of a site wound so tight they insist on TLS 1.2 for their source code but running out of support software that's missing all the security fixes and updates for something that's got access to business data?

That'll get you a more modern Toolkit with the TLS support you need.
DSPS
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Although I appreciate the technical and logical merits of that suggestion, either inertia or momentum (not sure which actually) through multiple tiers would thwart that.

I was hoping to get this working this week, not after raising changes and chasing them up through the tiers through several companies to get live sites upgraded to match...you know, when old harry needs skates?
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

DSPS wrote:
I was hoping to get this working this week

Then grab yourself a copy of Tortoise SVN, admit defeat and cross your fingers you don't need to raise a PMR for something more serious.

It's plausible that you could get the SVN plugin working by some means, and one of the many people smarter than me who frequent this forum may be along in a minute with a suggestion.

But the shortest, fastest route to market that's guaranteed to be working this week is to accept that the out of date software can't do the things modern software can.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You might be able to install the IIB toolkit inside a newer level of Eclipse.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WMBT800 - Can't use TLS1.2 to talk to SVN.
Jump to: