ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral IBM MQ SupportError executing MQSC command

Error executing MQSC command View previous topic :: View next topic
nnarkar
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am Post subject: Error executing MQSC command Reply with quote

We are getting errors like the one shown below. This is a non-prod queue manager so I am trying to look for the in-doubt transactions and eventually resolve these transactions. I am attempting to use the utility dspmqtrn but this does not run. These are the steps I have followed. I would appreciate if someone can help me run the command successfully
1) At the windows command prompt navigated the folder where runmqsc utility resides.
2) Executed the command runmqsc [queue manager name]. My assumption is now the mqsc commands will run under this queue manager.
3) Executed dspmqtrn -e -m [queue manager name]. Get syntax error AMQ8405: Syntax error detected at or near end of command segment below:-
d

How can I get this command to execute please ?

8/1/2017 10:36:53 - Process(2952.4) User(UserId) Program(amqzmuc0.exe) Host(Server Name) Installation(NewMQProduction) VRMF(7.5.0.3) QMgr(QueueManagerName)

Transaction 0.122580748 was preventing log space from being released.

A long running transaction was detected. Message AMQ7469 or AMQ7485 has been issued indicating if the transaction was rolled back or rolled forward in the log to allow the log space to be released. The internal transaction identifier is 0.122580748 which can be correlated with 'dspmqtrn -a' output. The transaction started at 02.35.29 2017-08-01 and first wrote to the queue manager recovery log at 02.35.29 2017-08-01 . The following transaction context may be useful in identifying the application causing this behaviour: TRANNUM(0.122580748) . This message can be correllated with the previous AMQ7469 or AMQ7485 message in the queue manager error logs.

Identify the application responsible for the long running unit of work and ensure this application is creating and completing transactions in a timely manner. If the application is working as expected it may be appropriate to increase the size of the queue manager recovery log.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:52 am Post subject: Re: Error executing MQSC command Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

nnarkar wrote:

By running the command. It's a command (like runmqsc) not a piece of script so of course runmqsc is throwing a syntax error.

Run the command dspmqtrn from the command prompt like the command runmqsc. The clue's in the name:

command prompt.

Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 am Post subject: Re: Error executing MQSC command Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

nnarkar wrote:
2) Executed the command runmqsc [queue manager name]. My assumption is now the mqsc commands will run under this queue manager.

And if that was your unbelievably dubious assumption (that you had to use runmqsc to instantiate an environment for that queue manager), why did you...

nnarkar wrote:
3) Executed dspmqtrn -e -m [queue manager name].

...include the queue manager name as a parameter? Surely you used runmqsc so you wouldn't have to?

I mean, seriously.......
nnarkar
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: Error executing MQSC command Reply with quote

Figured this out. These are the steps

1) Open command prompt
2) Find the location of “dspmqtrn” utility on the server. For our environment its located at “[Drive]\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin”
3) Execute the command “dspmqtrn -e -i -m [Our queue manager]” to display indoubt transactions.

Thanks for those that read the post and commented. Unfortunately I don't work exclusively on WebSphere MQ. The scripting model of this product is also different from what I am used to hence the basic question.

nnarkar wrote:
We are getting errors like the one shown below. This is a non-prod queue manager so I am trying to look for the in-doubt transactions and eventually resolve these transactions. I am attempting to use the utility dspmqtrn but this does not run. These are the steps I have followed. I would appreciate if someone can help me run the command successfully
1) At the windows command prompt navigated the folder where runmqsc utility resides.
3) Executed dspmqtrn -e -m [queue manager name]. Get syntax error AMQ8405: Syntax error detected at or near end of command segment below:-
d

8/1/2017 10:36:53 - Process(2952.4) User(UserId) Program(amqzmuc0.exe) Host(Server Name) Installation(NewMQProduction) VRMF(7.5.0.3) QMgr(QueueManagerName)

Transaction 0.122580748 was preventing log space from being released.

A long running transaction was detected. Message AMQ7469 or AMQ7485 has been issued indicating if the transaction was rolled back or rolled forward in the log to allow the log space to be released. The internal transaction identifier is 0.122580748 which can be correlated with 'dspmqtrn -a' output. The transaction started at 02.35.29 2017-08-01 and first wrote to the queue manager recovery log at 02.35.29 2017-08-01 . The following transaction context may be useful in identifying the application causing this behaviour: TRANNUM(0.122580748) . This message can be correllated with the previous AMQ7469 or AMQ7485 message in the queue manager error logs.

Identify the application responsible for the long running unit of work and ensure this application is creating and completing transactions in a timely manner. If the application is working as expected it may be appropriate to increase the size of the queue manager recovery log.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Quote:
Find the location of “dspmqtrn” utility on the server. For our environment its located at “[Drive]\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin”

You shouldn't need to do this, as this directory should be in the System PATH, and therefore all users PATHs. MQ commands should be recognised at the command prompt. eg. Try dspmqver

Last edited by gbaddeley on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

On windows and depending whether or not you are a member of the local mqm group, some commands may require the elevated command prompt (run as Administrator).

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral IBM MQ SupportError executing MQSC command
Jump to: