ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » TCP Timeouts for MQ Client

TCP Timeouts for MQ Client « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
JPN
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: TCP Timeouts for MQ Client Reply with quote

Novice

We recently upgraded from Solaris to Linux environment with MQ v8.0.0.4 against the v7.0.1.9. This move introduced new zone and hence the firewall.

My client applications use JBOSS 4.1 and 5.1 with just MQ resource adapter or client Jars. Could not get them to install the complete package of clients as well.

Now, my worry is that the firewall keeps terminating the connection to MQ. What is the best that can be done to keep the connection on as they have old native Java code and do not wish to change it.

MQ Server
Version: 8.0.0.4
KeepAlive: Yes
Channel: KAINT(AUTO), HBINT(300)

Client
MQ Jar Files - 7.5.0.6 and some are with 7.0.1.14

what is the best way to introduce keep alive from client end or any suggestions on having the connections open as there is a message for every 4hrs on this queue
zpat
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

set up mqclient.ini file in the default location /var/mqm

Code:
TCP:
  KeepAlive=Yes

exerk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Duplicate post locked...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » TCP Timeouts for MQ Client
Jump to: