ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » How to setup MQ explorer GUI for AIX server via Windows Serv

How to setup MQ explorer GUI for AIX server via Windows Serv « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sufayi21
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: How to setup MQ explorer GUI for AIX server via Windows Serv Reply with quote

Hi,

Background:
I have 1 low end Windows server (MQ Server 7.5) and I use MQ Explorer to manage the configuration on it. (this is for business operation A)

Now, I also have 1 high end AIX server (MQ server 7.5) but I do not have MQ Explorer for this system and use putty to do the configuration. (this is for business operation B. Different purpose, so that is why I have 2 different MQ server on two different platform)

Questions:
1) Can I use my Windows server's MQ Explorer as the medium/GUI for my AIX server? the reason is because it is hard to manage MQ in AIX due to can only use command line.
2) If yes, can guide me on how to do it?
3) If no, does it mean I need to buy a separate MQ Explorer for my AIX?
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: How to setup MQ explorer GUI for AIX server via Windows Reply with quote

Jedi Council

sufayi21 wrote:
1) Can I use my Windows server's MQ Explorer as the medium/GUI for my AIX server?

Yes...

sufayi21 wrote:
2) If yes, can guide me on how to do it?

...right-click on 'Queue Managers' and select 'Add Remote Queue Manager...', then fill in the necessary detail to achieve connection...

sufayi21 wrote:
3) If no, does it mean I need to buy a separate MQ Explorer for my AIX?

...no, 1. because it's free, and 2. because it doesn't run on that platform anyway.

Considerations: Appropriate CHLAUTH records to lock down the SVRCONN you will need for connection, SSL/TLS to authenticate your connection, appropriate authorities set on the AIX-based queue manager.
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

There are two Support Pacs for MQ Explorer I think you will find useful:

I install these using the "Drop In" method (seems easiest to me).

Have fun!
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

JosephGramig wrote:
MS0S for Writing and running MQSC scripts on Qmgrs

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » How to setup MQ explorer GUI for AIX server via Windows Serv
Jump to: