ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » mqsicreatebar in IIBv10

mqsicreatebar in IIBv10 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sumit
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: mqsicreatebar in IIBv10 Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi All,

Env -
IIB : v10.0.0.6

We are using Jenkins (with ANT) to build and deploy IIBv9 and IIBv10 code.
It is all fine for IIBv9.
The problem is with IIBv10. The Application that we are trying to build is referring to a static library and a shared library. In my ANT script, I am using mqsicreatebar command. like
Code:
<IIBpath>\mqsicreatebar.exe -data <workspace_path> -b "<workspace_path>Bar Files\Application_name.bar" -l CommonMessageFlows_LIB -cleanBuild -a Application_name -deployAsSource

where,
Application_name - is the name of the application
CommonMessageFlows_LIB - is the name of shared library.

I am not giving the static library name in the command as the Application is already referring it and mqsicreatebar command will include it in the bar file.

Similar command in IIBv9 (except -l sharedLib) works and create a bar file with library being visible inside the Application.

However, in IIBv10, in the bar file, the static library is coming at 2 places-
1. Inside application, and
2. outside application (with shared library)

If I don't give -l sharedlib, then only static library comes inside Application but the shared library is not included in bar.

If I create the bar in toolkit, by selecting only the shared library and Application, it creates a bar with static library inside application and shared outside the application ( I think this is the expected outcome)

Wondering if anyone of you have experienced this. Is there a bug or am I doing any mistake!
I don't see any bug fix by IBM in v10.0.0.7.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Have you opened a PMR for this case? If not please do
sumit
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

I am going to raise a PMR today. Will update you all when I hear something from IBM.
sumit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

IBM had created APAR IT21036 and provided fix. The fix looks good.
This fix will be included in MP 10.0.0.10.
IIB_Intel
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Slight variation of this problem Reply with quote

Acolyte

In your case CommonMessageFlows_LIB exist in the same workspace as that of the application.

How would you build the application when shared library is not present in the same workspace. You don't need to get the shared-libraries in the application barfile as it is already deployed on the server.

Currently we are copying the code of the shared library (which exist in a separate git repository) to the workspace of the application being built. I feel there could be better solution.

Any thoughts??
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Slight variation of this problem Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

IIB_Intel wrote:
In your case CommonMessageFlows_LIB exist in the same workspace as that of the application.

How would you build the application when shared library is not present in the same workspace. You don't need to get the shared-libraries in the application barfile as it is already deployed on the server.

Currently we are copying the code of the shared library (which exist in a separate git repository) to the workspace of the application being built. I feel there could be better solution.

Any thoughts??

Well I can't see how you would build the application / library without the shared code being in the workspace in one form or another. For Java it may just be that the shared lib is referenced by a jar in the build path... However if your shared lib is ESQL...

If you absolutely don't want the shared lib redeployed you may have to use the bar file editor to remove it from the bar file... Or may be not add it as objects to the build?

Have fun
IIB_Intel
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Quote:
Or may be not add it as objects to the build?

Shared library is not included in the bar of the application.

Problem is with copying the code of the shared library to the workspace of the application. Would have been better if application can refer a barfile (just like jar file for java) instead of code for shared library artifacts.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

IIB_Intel wrote:
Problem is with copying the code of the shared library to the workspace of the application.

Why? That's what source control is for... ?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » mqsicreatebar in IIBv10
Jump to: