ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 9x7: CMP - can I get nodes and connections in a subflow

IIB 9x7: CMP - can I get nodes and connections in a subflow « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
john.ormerod
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: IIB 9x7: CMP - can I get nodes and connections in a subflow Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello
I am creating an event monitoring agent using the CMP API. Please note that I am not an IIB developer - I have been using the Pager MonitorEvents samples for testing. All has gone well until today!

Today, I discovered that it is most common to use a subflow for error handling. That makes complete sense. I created a simple subflow with Compute and MQOut nodes, to replace the 'FAIL' node in the TextMessanger sample. This is in a 'Subflows' folder within the PagerMessageFlows.

I was impressed by the generated monitoring profile for TextMessenger, in that it includes the two nodes in the subflow. Great!, I thought this is going well. Spoke to soon. I fear that I can't get inside a SubFlow to get its topology in IIB 9, but I can in IIB 10. I found this topic from May last year, which seems to be asking the same question, but without a definite resolution. Apologies for asking it again!
http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=406449&sid=9de9f2275969a01e77ae4f37d860b58d

In this, it suggests that SubFlowProxy is new in IIB 10, which appears to be the case:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.cmp.doc/index.html

I'd be grateful if someone could confirm that I am stuffed in my wish to get a subflow's topology in some way... or not!
Regards, John

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 9x7: CMP - can I get nodes and connections in a subflow
Jump to: