ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ Appliance-File System allocation

MQ Appliance-File System allocation « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
muralihegde
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: MQ Appliance-File System allocation Reply with quote

Centurion

I understand that after a queue manager is created on the Appliance, we cannot resize the file system; The info center link below says ensure the value that is specified here is sufficient for the current and any future workload.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS5K6E_9.0.0/com.ibm.mqa.doc/reference/controlcmd/crtmqm.htm

However it might not be possible to predict the future volume growth accurately and in a scenario where the file system size has to be increased, what is the way to achieve this?
Deleting and recreating the queue manager is that the only option?

My understanding is that the -fs FileSystemSize( : FileSystemSize that is allocated during queue manager creation ) used for both the queue manager data (i.e to hold the data in the queues etc, as in /var/mqm/qmgrs/QMName) as well as the queue manager logs (/var/mqm/log/QMName?). Is this correct, could not find any confirmation on that on the infocenter..

Also, looks like 3 TB(3 Terabyte) of Internal Storage is configured for the appliance M2001A. Can that be extended, add additional storage capacity? and is there a limit on what can be this maximum capacity?
Has anyone faced similar situations and please do post any suggestions or recommendations that you might have or any links to more information that can help me to go through and study... Thanks..

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ Appliance-File System allocation
Jump to: