ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB integration with Bluemix

IIB integration with Bluemix « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
udayarveti
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: IIB integration with Bluemix Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

I have two IIB services REST and Web Services deployed on separate or two individual integration nodes that are residing on Blue mix (trail version) and my local windows machine respectively.

On Bluemix:
Broker/Node Name: IIB10NODE
Service deployed: REST Application

On local Windows Machine:
Broker/Node Name: TESTNODE_iibuser
Service deployed: Web Service Application

REST API on Bluemix has a SOAP request call to Web Service exposed on my local windows machine. My local machine has already been installed with IBM Secure Gateway client software.

However, REST API on Cloud isn't able to communicate to web service on my local machine.

I have tried setting up the secure gateway service on cloud and configure local machine configuration details (like IP address and EG port number) to be able to talk to. This hasn't worked.

So how can I make secure gateway service tagged to my IIB container on cloud and make it communicate to the web service on my local machine?

Any help is much appreciated.

Below are the links which says secure gateway service requires additional Cloud app is required for certain products:

https://console.ng.bluemix.net/docs/services/SecureGateway/sg_overview.html#sg_overview
https://console.eu-gb.bluemix.net/docs/containers/container_integrations.html#container_integrations_binding
adubya
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Have you opened up the windows firewall to allow incoming TCP connections on your listener port ? And what network infrastructure is between your windows machine and the internet ? Has all that been configured to route the incoming traffic to your windows machine ?
udayarveti
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response.

Yes the firewalls have been disabled to allow the incoming traffic.

When you say "has all been configured" what exactly did you mean by that?
smdavies99
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Have you tried to 'telnet' to the Bluemix IP Address + Port
If you get some response then you don't have a firewall issue. If you get nothing then you have a firewall issue somewhere.
Perhaps your side is not letting the connection go out?
Some corporate firewalls are very pernickerty about outbound connections not using standard ports (80, 21 etc)

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
udayarveti
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

Appreciate your response.

Yes I am able to ping to my bluemix ip address and associated broker port number from my local machine. It works.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
adubya
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

smdavies99 wrote:
Have you tried to 'telnet' to the Bluemix IP Address + Port
If you get some response then you don't have a firewall issue. If you get nothing then you have a firewall issue somewhere.
Perhaps your side is not letting the connection go out?
Some corporate firewalls are very pernickerty about outbound connections not using standard ports (80, 21 etc)

My understanding was that the OP was having problems with the Bluemix REST service attempting to invoke the SOAP interface on the OP's local windows box. Not the other way round.

Does Bluemix give you a command line and allow a manual telnet to the windows PC IP address + exe group listener port ?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

What address have you told Bluemix to use to talk to your local machine?

Is that address reachable from outside your corporate network? That is, it may not be your local firewall that's the issue... it may be other firewalls.
udayarveti
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

I have created a secure gateway service with configuration details on my local machine ip address and Execution group.

This service was able to identify my local windows machine ip address and port number. So its up and running.

I don't think there is another possibility of checking this from Bluemix just like how we can do telnet from cmd prompt or maybe I haven't got any info on it.

However real thing would be can I associate this secure gateway service to IIB container or not?

Since I have already detailed this issue on my original post.

Thanks.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

udayarveti wrote:
This service was able to identify my local windows machine ip address and port number. So its up and running.

But as others have said, that doesn't prove that the secure gateway service is accessible from outside your organization.

udayarveti wrote:
I don't think there is another possibility of checking this from Bluemix

I don't think there is either. You need to speak to whoever runs your corporate network and ask how they handle incoming requests from random IPs. I would suggest (as my associates have suggested) that they handle them by blocking them at the edge of the DMZ.

udayarveti wrote:
However real thing would be can I associate this secure gateway service to IIB container or not?

Of course you can, if you can get connectivity. I would again suggest that you need to get the Bluemix IP in use for your set up "white-listed" by your corporate network so the traffic can reach your local machine.
adubya
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

You could use the online telnet tool to see if your windows box ip/port is accessible from the internet.

https://www.adminkit.net/telnet.aspx
udayarveti
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for your responses guys.

I am using my personal laptop and on my home wifi/network.

So there might be an issue with ISP blocking the traffic.

I have used below online tool to verify my private ip address accessibility from internet. It failed.

adubya
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

udayarveti wrote:
Thanks for your responses guys.

I am using my personal laptop and on my home wifi/network.

So there might be an issue with ISP blocking the traffic.

I have used below online tool to verify my private ip address accessibility from internet. It failed.

Have you configured port forwarding on your home router to forward the network traffic for your SOAP call onto your laptop ? And... what IP address have you configured in Bluemix as the target to call ? Presumably not the LAN address of your laptop
smdavies99
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

adubya wrote:
[

Have you configured port forwarding on your home router to forward the network traffic for your SOAP call onto your laptop ? And... what IP address have you configured in Bluemix as the target to call ? Presumably not the LAN address of your laptop

A very good point. Also most ISP's give you by default a non fixed IP address. So be careful, your IP address of your home router can change unless you have opted for a fixed address.
My home address is fixed so I can do this. I pay £1/month for this. I run three webites from home so a fixed address is a big plus..

If you don't have one then with a bit of work (and if your Router/Modem allows for it), setup a DYNDNS domain that points to yout router no matter what address the ISP assigns it.
Some routers have the ability to update DYNDNS with an IP address change.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB integration with Bluemix
Jump to: