ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » integrationAPI connection to broker

integrationAPI connection to broker « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
devraj.shyam.bhatia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: integrationAPI connection to broker Reply with quote

Hi, I am using a custom Integration application to connect to remote Integration node(hosted on IIB9 and IIB10). The custom integration application uses the IntegrationAPI jar that is provided with version 10. The application connects successfully to IIB10 nodes, however it fails when it tries connecting to IIB9 node. The failure is "Could not establish remote connection to target integration node (10.108.92.198:4415) as user "null'. HTTP error code was 404" Could someone help me with the above. I have not enabled administration security on IIB9 node
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: integrationAPI connection to broker Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

devraj.shyam.bhatia wrote:
Hi, I am using a custom Integration application to connect to remote Integration node(hosted on IIB9 and IIB10). The custom integration application uses the IntegrationAPI jar that is provided with version 10. The application connects successfully to IIB10 nodes, however it fails when it tries connecting to IIB9 node. The failure is "Could not establish remote connection to target integration node (10.108.92.198:4415) as user "null'. HTTP error code was 404" Could someone help me with the above. I have not enabled administration security on IIB9 node

As you see from the error message you are trying to connect to the Integration node at V9 as if it were a V10 node. What are the parameters you are passing to the connection request?
devraj.shyam.bhatia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: integrationAPI connection to broker Reply with quote

The parameters passed are BrokerConnectionParameters bcp = new IntegrationNodeConnectionParameters("10.xxx.92.xxx",4414); I am using the v10 IntegrationNodeParameters implementation to pass it. The v9 BrokerConfigProxy had implementation for MQBrokerConnectionParameters that was used where connections had to be made to underlying queuemanager. v10 connects to the node via webadmin listener and there is no need for MQ. Also the MQBrokerConnectionParameters is deprecated and replaced with IntegrationNodeParameters. Jus to mention, I thought there was a userid issue so tried using IntegrationNodeConnectionParameters("10.xxx.92.xxx",4414, userid,pwd, false) but it did not go through, it threw the same error but this time replaced the null with the userid that was passed.
I then created a new project and tried using the MQBrokerConnectionParameters by passing the host,port and qmgr and it connected successfully.
What could be the issue with using IntegrationNodeParameters to connect to IIB9 node
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: integrationAPI connection to broker Reply with quote

Grand Master

What could be the issue with using IntegrationNodeParameters to connect to IIB9 node

fjb_saper wrote:
you are trying to connect to the Integration node at V9 as if it were a V10 node.

As you yourself said, the API is different and uses a different transport mechanism.

So if you want code to be able to connect to both levels of IIB, then you need to use the appropriate error handling to see if one works, and then try the other.
devraj.shyam.bhatia
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Integration API connection to remote broker/node Reply with quote

connecting to version 9 node using the latest jar(Integration API) seems to not work. The underlying websocket api is causing an issue. can we really connect to version 9 node using the latest v10 jar or are there any additional configurations either in the application or v9 node?

I could see the following error in the service trace :
could not connect to integration node cause was:org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.api.UpgradeException: Didn't switch protocols
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Integration API connection to remote broker/node Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

can we really connect to version 9 node using the latest v10 jar

No. At least not with the same methods. The comments of my most worthy associates make that clear.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Integration API connection to remote broker/node Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

can we really connect to version 9 node using the latest v10 jar

If you have code which correctly connects to a v9 instances using the v9 jar but fails with the v10 jar, then no. Please try this and report your findings; I'm sure the wider community will be interested.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » integrationAPI connection to broker
Jump to: