ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Email Input Node Configuration Issue

Email Input Node Configuration Issue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
nick009
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Email Input Node Configuration Issue Reply with quote

Team,

I am working on a POC to consume the messages from a Mail BOX (ABBS_DEV@xxxxx.com), process and send it to a queue.

While I am configuring the Email input node on Security identity and the configurable service on LOCAL Broker, I am getting Login Issues.

1. First of all I was provided full access to this mail box which is having POP3 protocol and the pop.xxx.com with the port number 110.

2. I did a telnet pop.xxx.com 110 and got the response
+OK The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service is ready.

3. Ran the Configurable Service and the MQSIsetdebparms commands accordingly. Here before I used this command, I made sure I add a new account with in outlook with this particular email id and password is my Windows Password ( I was provided full access to this mail box) and ws able to connect. And the same credentials are used below

mqsisetdbparms LocalIIB -n email::MySecId -u ABBS_DEV@xxxxx.com -p xxxxxxxxxxx
mqsicreateconfigurableservice LocalIIB -c EmailServer -o myEmailConf -n serverName,securityIdentity -v pop3://pop.xxx.com:110,MySecId

Broker Stopped and Started

4. Commands ran successfully on Local Broker (It has got nothing to do with credentials on the machine running the broker. They take what ever we give in usually)

5. Deployed a simple message flow with the Email server an security properties filled appropriately, And my concern here is after the debugger is turned on, I have sent an email to the MAILBOX and was expecting to see the message in my flow after the debugger is turned ON.

6. I don't see anything coming in to my message flow. I followed all the steps that are necessary to be taken while doing this POC.

7. Errors in Event Viewer :
(EmailInput node ''Email Input'' in message flow ''Emailinflow'' is unable to communicate with email server ''pop3://pop.xxx.com:110''. The error message is ''Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.''.

The EmailInput node cannot communicate with the email server.

Ensured that the email server is running and is accessible from the system that IBM Integration Bus is running on. Also ensure that the Email Server property is correctly configured on the EmailInput node, or that the serverName property is correctly configured on the EmailServer configurable service.

Questions :a. when I connected to the Outlook using my password and this mail box, where I read in one of the articles only run these if I am able to connect in outlook . Why is it showing LOGON issue when passed the same credentials here?

b. Would I have to give my username instead of this MAILBOX as I got full access to this ?? ( I read that email can be provided)

c. I just need the message coming into my Message flow sothat I can test my code.

d. Any resolutions or suggestions which I can try ? I have been troubleshooting this all day and was out of options.

Any help is much appreciated Guys.

Regards,
Nick
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

What do the error logs on the email server say?
nick009
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These below Errors in Event Viewer is all I can see at this point !!! I have tried logging into pop.xxx.com via winscp and failed using credentials of Myusername and password( as full access is granted) and also using the email id as username and my password

(EmailInput node ''Email Input'' in message flow ''Emailinflow'' is unable to communicate with email server ''pop3://pop.xxx.com:110''. The error message is ''Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.''.

The EmailInput node cannot communicate with the email server.

Ensured that the email server is running and is accessible from the system that IBM Integration Bus is running on. Also ensure that the Email Server property is correctly configured on the EmailInput node, or that the serverName property is correctly configured on the EmailServer configurable service.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

the email server itself should have log files somewhere - it might not/probably won't log to Event Viewer.

If it's a local mailserver (on your machine) then look. Otherwise talk to your mail admins.

If you need to use SSL, then maybe you don't have the right keys...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Email Input Node Configuration Issue
Jump to: