ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ to HTTP protocol without Broker

MQ to HTTP protocol without Broker « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
smaxwell
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: MQ to HTTP protocol without Broker Reply with quote

Hi All,

There is requirement to send queue manager messages to HTTP protocol application or web services without using any message broker?

Does MQ support other protocol (HTTP/SOAP) for notification other than queue?

MQ Bridge for HTTP or MQTT is the right choice to send queue messages to HTTP and SOAP based service without broker transformation.

I heard MQTT widely used in Internet of Things(IoT) but question is how MQTT send queue messages to internet mobile app or any web service without using any message broker.

We have backend provider who is not ready to setup MQ queue manager to accept the messages, he want MQ to send directly to HTTP service but we do not have message broker in our infrastructure..

Is there any other option available to send MQ messages to HTTP and respond back to queue manager without broker?

MQTT or MQ Bridge for HTTP right solution?

Thank you in Advanced.
smaxwell...
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If you want to use MQTT, you need an MQTT server of some kind. MQTT is used for IOT, particularly for IBM's Internet of Things platform, but that doesn't mean you can't use it for other things.

You can use the MQ Telemetry component of MQ as an MQTT server. You can use some other MQTT server that knows how to pass messages to and from MQ... (like, um, MessageSight).

For HTTP, you need some kind of HTTP Server. You can use the MQ HTTPBridge as that server. You can use some standard HTTP server to call an application that knows how to pass messages to and from MQ.

You will have to decide if any of these count as 'a broker'.
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

There is a WAR file that comes with MQ somewhere, that can be deployed to WAS and acts as a simple MQ to HTTP bridge.

Recent versions of MQ have a REST API if I am not mistaken?
smaxwell
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mqjeff for quick response.

I will use MQTT but this will solve my purpose?

My question is - Does MQ QManager or MQTT support other protocol (HTTP/SOAP) for send notification to backend web service without using any message broker?

Will MQTT send message directly to HTTP services without using any message broker in the middle? Is MQTT can transform the messages (any to any) to send request directly to HTTP web service?

For example -
Source channel sending request to my queue manager, how to push this request to backend HTTP webservice without using any message broker in middle?

Does MQTT or MQ Bridge for HTTP solve this purpose?

Thanks,
smaxwell
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

smaxwell wrote:
I will use MQTT but this will solve my purpose?

No. MQTT speaks MQTT, it doesn't speak HTTP or MQ.

MQTT servers only speak HTTP or MQ if they are built to.

smaxwell wrote:
My question is - Does MQ QManager or MQTT support other protocol (HTTP/SOAP) for send notification to backend web service without using any message broker?

What's a "broker"? Is it something that transforms messages as well as routes them? Is it something that hosts applications?

smaxwell wrote:
Will MQTT send message directly to HTTP services without using any message broker in the middle? Is MQTT can transform the messages (any to any) to send request directly to HTTP web service?

Again, no. MQTT is a protocol for sending and receiving data. HTTP is a different protocol for sending and receiving data. MQ is a different protocol for sending and receiving data.

smaxwell wrote:
Source channel sending request to my queue manager, how to push this request to backend HTTP webservice without using any message broker in middle?

Does MQTT or MQ Bridge for HTTP solve this purpose?

Again. "What's a broker?".

And, "No, MQTT doesn't solve this problem". The MQ Bridge for HTTP seems fairly straight forward, yes? It sends and receives MQ messages and sends and receives HTTP messages, and bridges between them.

Is that a broker?

An application writtin in WAS can do this. An application written in Python can do this. An application written in JavaScript can do this. An applcation written in anything that can excange data over HTTP and exchange data over MQ and bridge between them can do this.

Are any of those brokers?

Does it solve your purpose? Depends on what your real purpose is.
smaxwell
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the respond.

We do not have IBM Message broker/IIB or Datapower appliance in our environment to do data/protocol transformation from queue manager queue xml messages to backend HTTP web service.

So Looking some other option without introducing Message broker or Datapower in our present environment.

From your valid inputs....It is clear understanding that MQTT is not solve my purpose as it is a protocol for sending and receiving data.

MQ Bridge for HTTP - It sends and receives MQ messages and sends and receives HTTP messages, and bridges between them.

I need to check MQ Bridge will considerable approach to handle large number of notification request from queue manger to backend http service and vice versa response.

Once again thank you very much for correct understanding...

Thank you
smaxwell.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ to HTTP protocol without Broker
Jump to: