ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 9.0.0.7 - unable to apply a monitoring profile

IIB 9.0.0.7 - unable to apply a monitoring profile « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
john.ormerod
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: IIB 9.0.0.7 - unable to apply a monitoring profile Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello
I seem to have tried everything, and after applying a monitoring profile, the response to mqsireportflowmonitoring IB9NODE -e PagerExecutionGroup -f TextMessenger -n is:
Code:
BIP8919W: mqsireportproperties did not find any configured event sources. If this is not expected it could be because your profile failed to load correctly. Check for errors and correct if necessary.
mqsireportflowmonitoring did not find any configured event sources.  The monitoring properties were loaded from a configurable service monitoring profile, which might contain errors.
Check the monitoring profile source and messages and correct the profile as necessary.

I'm using the pager sample. In the Toolkit, I have defined in and out events for all of the nodes. I deployed the bar file and events are issued, and the above "-n" command displays the active nodes.

I generated a monitoring profile using:
mqsireportflowmonitoring IB9NODE -e PagerExecutionGroup -f TextMessenger -x -p E:/w3p/events/TextMessengerEventProfile-7_1.xml

In the bar editor, I defined the above location for the Monitoring Profile Name.

I saved the bar and deployed it to the PagerExecutionGroup. I can see this file defined in the CMP Exerciser as the value for monitoringProfile, so I assume it is active.

However, when I run the above "-n" command to check, I get the error response shown at the start. The reason I didn't change the generated profile was to eliminate any finger trouble.

Can anyone tell me what I am not doing or doing wrong?

Yesterday, I found documentation that states you need to restart the Int Svr after a change to the profile name. I find this possibly ambiguous, in that does it really mean when there is a change to the file's name, rather than the contents of the same file?
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac60385_.htm
Just in case, I have tried restarting the Int Svr, but no change.

Regards, John
timber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
I defined the above location for the Monitoring Profile Name.
That's your problem. A monitoring profile is not a 'file'. It is a type of configurable service. When you specify the monitoring profile to use ( either in the BAR file or using mqsichangeflowmonitoring) you should specify the name of the configurable service.
john.ormerod
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi timber
Thanks for your reply. I was using a DevWorks article as my guide. It's for v6.10.3 and it describes monitoring events as a new feature. https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0911_fan/0911_fan.html This shows a screen shot of the xml file in the Monitoring Profile Name. Maybe this has changed and is now out of date.

I'll try creating a new MonitoringProfiles configurable service, and define that. I assume I have to do this using a command - I can't see a facility in the Toolkit.

I will givew this a go, and let you know how it goes.

Regards, John
john.ormerod
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi timber
Magic! It worked! I created a configurable service, then associated it with the profile xml file. I entered the config service name in the bar file editor and deployed the bar file. Simples!

It seems to me that the toolkit should have changed the label for the Mon Profile Name (if there was a change from its original use) to refer to a Configurable Service.

Anyway, thanks again, I've overcome one more hurdle.
John

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 9.0.0.7 - unable to apply a monitoring profile
Jump to: