ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQ FTE Audit

MQ FTE Audit « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rammer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: MQ FTE Audit Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi All

So I have been asked to look at our MQ FTE Infrastructure and try to understand how it has been set up and Audit what it is actually doing.

The people who set this up have long gone and no local skills on site for it.

Version I am told is Version 7 (I need to get that clarified though)

Ive not touched it before but have installed it and set myself up some simple transfers just to get used to the commands, the part queue managers play in terms of co-ordination / command / and agents and have this working.

Ive read all through the 400 page Redbook which also details that transfers can be triggered by xml / ant not jsut command line in the windows explorer.

What I am interested in is how you would start to investigate what is being FTP'd around given 1) no documentation 2) people in office dont know.

In the manuals it talks about logging to a DataBase (Again I need to find out if they do this) if not options I can see are

Put a subscritption to the MQ SYTEM.FTE Queue and this will log everything and yes I have done that and used RFHUtil to browse the message, what I do not have is the skills to write a program to read those queues and output it into a readable format, does anyone know of any supportpacs that may help?

In addition if I am wrong and the version is 7.1+ onwards it seems that you can tell the Logger to write to a flat file that may be a bit more use to me.

Any hints / tips / advice are most welcome. Thank you
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Quote:
Put a subscritption to the MQ SYTEM.FTE Queue and this will log everything and yes I have done that and used RFHUtil to browse the message, what I do not have is the skills to write a program to read those queues and output it into a readable format, does anyone know of any supportpacs that may help?

You are on the right track. See https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.wmqfte.doc/retain_log.htm and https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.wmqfte.doc/database_logger.htm
There are also commercial products that do MFT/FTE logging and transfer status management.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQ FTE Audit
Jump to: