ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 10: IAM3: Log4J Node: Message node "Log4jLoggingPlu

IIB 10: IAM3: Log4J Node: Message node "Log4jLoggingPlu « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mellow-yellow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: IIB 10: IAM3: Log4J Node: Message node "Log4jLoggingPlu Reply with quote

Disclaimer: I am new to IIB and this forum.

Problem: Per my requirement, I followed the IAM3 Log4J installation instructions ( http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24021221 ) exactly, as I recorded in this video ( https://youtu.be/GkJ2WCDAz5I ) but I get the following error in the Toolkit:
Message node "Log4jLoggingPlugin" cannot be located.

Environment: Linux (RHEL) Broker and Windows 2012 Server Toolkit

Troubleshooting: After getting the error, I followed the same PDF instructions but for a Windows, not just Linux, broker, but I received the same error. I tried the suggestions in this post but to no effect -- i.e., I get the same error.

Questions: How do I solve the error message? Should I ignore the error? Should I ignore the Log4J node and, as per my requirement, simply insert logging statements in the ESQL and Java Compute nodes?

Linux (RHEL) broker:

Windows 2012 Server Toolkit:

If I enable both nodes, and only if I enable both nodes, then clicking Flow Excerciser results in a prompt (below) but I get the same error ultimately.

UPDATE:
As suggested by the PDF's author, I clicked IIB Toolkit > Project > Clean, the error disappeared, and I was able to redeploy without additional errors.
mellow-yellow
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: I made some YouTube videos to explain this Reply with quote

I made a series of videos explaining how to do this, notably these two:

How to install Log4J for IIB 10 using IAM3 Support Pack

How to set up Log4j and log4j.properties in IIB (without the IAM3 support pack)
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Would it be easier to use java.util.logging?

Or easier to use Record and Replay function already shipped with Broker?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 10: IAM3: Log4J Node: Message node "Log4jLoggingPlu
Jump to: