ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Application Server » Downloading IBM installation Manager automatically

Downloading IBM installation Manager automatically « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jeevan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Downloading IBM installation Manager automatically Reply with quote

Grand Master

I am trying to build an image of WAS 8.5.5. I am trying to have everything pulled from the net instead of downloading and copy the installation binary. However, I did not find a way to download and/ or install Installation manager. I also looked at couple of dockerfile example I found in net but they also assume that the installation binary for IM is downloaded already.

One issue I am particular looking at it is how can I pass the IBM credential if I use wget or any other utility to download the installation manager? I would appreciate if any one can shed some light on it.

Thanks
J
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Unless the IM is contained within the downloadable package you have to download it manually.

If you google for

IBM Installation Manager

you get this link

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24040291

Which takes you to the page where you can download V1.8.4 for a number of differen operating systems.
I've always updated the IM first by the way. It changes less often than say WAS does but it is really annoying to get part way through an installation to find that you need to update yhe IM. So we used to schedule an update of the IM every 6 months outside the normal product update cycle.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
jeevan
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

smdavies99 wrote:
Unless the IM is contained within the downloadable package you have to download it manually.

That is what I thought and wanted to be sure, my finding is correct.

smdavies99 wrote:

If you google for

IBM Installation Manager

you get this link

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24040291

My question was not where I can download from. Anyway thanks.

smdavies99 wrote:

Which takes you to the page where you can download V1.8.4 for a number of differen operating systems.
I've always updated the IM first by the way. It changes less often than say WAS does but it is really annoying to get part way through an installation to find that you need to update yhe IM. So we used to schedule an update of the IM every 6 months outside the normal product update cycle.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Application Server » Downloading IBM installation Manager automatically
Jump to: