ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » runmqsc -c against a multi-instance qm

runmqsc -c against a multi-instance qm « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Esa
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: runmqsc -c against a multi-instance qm Reply with quote

Grand Master

Hi,

I'm testing client connections to a multi-instance queue manager with runmqsc -c. My CCDT has an entry with a list of connection names in CONNAME. But the client connects only to the first connection name in the list. If I switch over the queue manager, I get AMQ9508 Program cannot connect to the queue manager with no reason code.

If I switch the order of connection names in the CONNAME list, the client connects to the other instance, which is now the first in the list.

Both server and client are running on Red Hat Linux. MQ Server version is 8.0.0.4. MQ Client version is 8.0.0.2.

Is it so that runmqsc does not suppot CONNAME lists in client mode?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

It should. If you can positively point it back to the client list in the ccdt channel, then go ahead and open a PMR. What I suspect though is a poorly defined ccdt.

Have fun
umatharani
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I suspect the problem could be because of the APAR IT09524 if you have created the table using runmqsc -n(i.e. on the client side). Try with a table created from the server or try with a table created on MQ 8003 or higher MQ levels on the client side.

Thanks,
mahesh
Esa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I tested with CCDT's created with runmqsc -n and on a server running v. 8.0.0.4. I guess I should upgrade the client to version 8.0.0.4 and test if the problem persists. Thanks for the info, this APAR is not mentioned in V. 8 fix list.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » runmqsc -c against a multi-instance qm
Jump to: