ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Get Queue in FSH of Multi Protocol gateway configuration

Get Queue in FSH of Multi Protocol gateway configuration « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bichu
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Get Queue in FSH of Multi Protocol gateway configuration Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi Guys,

I am very new to DataPower. In fact, using the configs and DataPower UI for the first time.

I have a scenario in which I need to send the messages from IIB to Azure Service Bus through DataPower. Here, I am configuring a MPG.
The real problem is I have 7 output queues in IIB which will feed DataPower, which means I need to have 7 defined Front Side protocols .
Is this the best option

Please advise.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

The 7 output queues from IIB could be configured as Alias (or Remote) queues that resolve to a single local input queue for DataPower.

We can't tell you if that is the best option, or if keeping them as 7 separate queues with 7 separate DP MQFSHs is best.

We don't know all your requirements. We don't know the nature of the data emitted by IIB to these 7 queues.
Bichu
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks Peter.

I need to have 7 queues since I need the data to come in different queues. I would like to know whether configuring 7 MQ FSH's associated with a single MPG will create performance issues or any other's.

The data coming in are of both xml and csv type. So I am confused about the request type that needs to be configured in the MPG.
harish_td
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Bichu wrote:

The data coming in are of both xml and csv type. So I am confused about the request type that needs to be configured in the MPG.

Since you mentioned that the IIB is feeding your input queue, the IIB flow can easily inject a RFH2 Header indicating whether or not the data is CSV or XML. You can configure your Request-Type on the MPGW to Binary - so that a single MPG can process data regardless of the incoming data format.

If the RFH2 header claims that the data is XML, you can apply XSLT to this data to transform (if needed).

if your DP is v7.5, take a look at gateway script to transform CSV data.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=8539f6fa-b128-4747-925a-7c2d87403454
Bichu
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Many Thanks Harish.

But May I know where the Binary option is present in the MPG because I can see JSON,XML,Non-XML, passthrough and SOAP as the options for Request type. Between I am using DP XG45.7.0.0.0
harish_td
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Bichu wrote:
Non-XML

Non-XML is the option to instruct DataPower to process data as BLOB/Binary.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21321379
This guide should help you to handle CSV data using XSLT

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Get Queue in FSH of Multi Protocol gateway configuration
Jump to: