ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » some UTF- 8 characters not supported in IIB.

some UTF- 8 characters not supported in IIB. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rajat11@
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: some UTF- 8 characters not supported in IIB. Reply with quote

Novice

I am using SOAP UI, soap input node, java compute node, and soap reply node.

when i put some UTF-8 Character like (± Plus-minus sign, ² Superscript two ,®(Register sign), © (copy right sign ) etc. ) in my soap message and do not modify any content in java compute node then i get proper reply i.e same message,
But when i give characters like ®, © (copyright sign) which is also in UTF - 8 character list, and modify the message tree in java compute node like add an extra element in incoming message ,- it gives error
< XML Writing Errors have occurred Unconvertable character>. Again, when i remove only that symbol(®, ©) i get response with newely added element.

In getting same error with these symbols only, for rest of others utf - 8 symbols its working fine. i am using CCSID 1208 (UTF-.
U+00A4 ¤ Currency sign
U+00A8 ¨ Diaresis
U+00A9 © Copyright sign
U+00AE ® Registered sign
U+00B5 µ Micro sign
U+00BE ¾ Vulgar fraction three quarters

Any idea regarding this?
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: some UTF- 8 characters not supported in IIB. Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rajat11@ wrote:
when i put some UTF-8 Character like (± Plus-minus sign, ² Superscript two ,®(Register sign), © (copy right sign ) etc. ) in my soap message and do not modify any content in java compute node then i get proper reply i.e same message,
But when i give characters like ®, © (copyright sign) which is also in UTF - 8 character list, and modify the message tree in java compute node like add an extra element in incoming message

Well looking at that....

rajat11@ wrote:
Any idea regarding this?

....my idea is that however you're handling the strings inside Java doesn't respect or result in properly encoded message that serializes into UTF-8. One possibly problem (and not the only one) is that your Java is accidently using the code page of your native OS (e.g. one of the Latin ASCII pages) that doesn't support those characters and this is causing the whole message tree to be serialized using this page rather than UTF-8.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

An interesting experiment would be to perform the same transformation with ESQL or a Mapping node. If this works, then this points the finger firmly at your Java. If this fails as well, then there's a more significant problem with your transformation logic per se.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: some UTF- 8 characters not supported in IIB. Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rajat11@ wrote:
But when i give characters like ®, © (copyright sign) which is also in UTF - 8 character list, and modify the message tree in java compute node like add an extra element in incoming message ,- it gives error
< XML Writing Errors have occurred Unconvertable character>. Again, when i remove only that symbol(®, ©) i get response with newely added element.

In getting same error with these symbols only, for rest of others utf - 8 symbols its working fine. i am using CCSID 1208 (UTF-.
U+00A4 ¤ Currency sign
U+00A8 ¨ Diaresis
U+00A9 © Copyright sign
U+00AE ® Registered sign
U+00B5 µ Micro sign
U+00BE ¾ Vulgar fraction three quarters

Any idea regarding this?

So your inbound message is UTF-8 ...

Looking at your changed message:
What is the CCSID value of your transport header?
What is the CCSID value of your OutputRoot.Properties

To me this looks like you're not only changing the message content, you may also be changing the message CCSID...
timber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You have started out with a false assumption. IIB supports *all* Unicode characters.

The reported error is an XML writing error. The error is being reported when IIB converts a character from Unicode ( which is the internal encoding of IIB ) into the output encoding.

Your next step should have been your first step: find the full text of the error and read it carefully. It will almost certainly report the encoding that IIB is using for the output XML, and I strongly suspect that it will be a non-Unicode encoding.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » some UTF- 8 characters not supported in IIB.
Jump to: