ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQ evaluation license expired

MQ evaluation license expired « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jhuston
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: MQ evaluation license expired Reply with quote

Our MQ evaluation license has expired. We are in the process of getting a PO approved for purchase of a license.

In the interim, we need to continue to test. Is there a means of extending the license period?

Do we need to re-install? Is there a process documented somewhere which I'm not finding?

Also, I was able to use it last week while the expiration date has passed. I was assuming perhaps, that as long as the server was up, it would continue to function. However, this weekend, a SVRCONN channel went down, and even though it gives no error to my START CHANNEL command, it doesn't seem to be starting (can't seem to find error logged anywhere though). Is this possibly an indication that the license state is precluding it's start?

Thanks for your insights,

Jeff
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: MQ evaluation license expired Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

jhuston wrote:
Is there a means of extending the license period?

Do we need to re-install? Is there a process documented somewhere which I'm not finding?

Speak to your IBM account rep. No one on here will speak about how to use an IBM trial license past it's validity.

At least no one who's seen the IBM legal department, and marveled at the size of their dorsal fins.

Negotiations with IBM will likely prove helpful.
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: MQ evaluation license expired Reply with quote

Jedi Council

jhuston wrote:
...a SVRCONN channel went down, and even though it gives no error to my START CHANNEL command, it doesn't seem to be starting (can't seem to find error logged anywhere though)...

SVRCONN channels are passive, i.e. they only start when the 'other' end of the channel (the client application that invokes a connection) starts.
Philip Morten
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: MQ evaluation license expired Reply with quote

Master

jhuston wrote:

... Also, I was able to use it last week while the expiration date has passed. I was assuming perhaps, that as long as the server was up, it would continue to function. ...

Jeff

That should be true, licence expiry is checked only by the strmqm and crrtmqm commands.

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
jhuston
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually determined the SVRCONN issue was result of a network issue over the weekend.

I guess we'll just make every effort to keep this server up until we get a fully licensed update in place.

Thanks!
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

jhuston wrote:
...I guess we'll just make every effort to keep this server up until we get a fully licensed update in place...

If this is a true development environment, and you don't break the rules, there is a Developers Edition, which is not time-limited. Again, as my esteemed colleague has pointed out, your IBM rep will be better able to advise you on this.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQ evaluation license expired
Jump to: