ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » deploying IIB 9's msgflow and msgset in wmb v8

deploying IIB 9's msgflow and msgset in wmb v8 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
edd
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: deploying IIB 9's msgflow and msgset in wmb v8 Reply with quote

Novice

Hi there, I have a requirement in which I would have to deploy the application artifacts - message flows and message set of IIB v9 in a wmb v8 in a different server. Could anyone please tell me if thats possible and what are the constrains that I may face?
smdavies99
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

This is not supported and probably won't work.

Can a moderator please move this to the Broker forum.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

smdavies99 wrote:
Can a moderator please move this to the Broker forum.

So moved.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: deploying IIB 9's msgflow and msgset in wmb v8 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

edd wrote:
Could anyone please tell me if thats possible

I doubt the deploy command would even work; it should fail with a deployment level error.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You could *attempt* to import the v9 projects into the v8 toolkit and create a bar file from there. Depending on how many v9-specific features you're using, it *might* even work. Probably not, though.

There might be an option with mqsicreatebar v9 to create a v8 bar file - but I'd be surprised, given that it's not supported...
Craig B
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Your scenario should work just as long as you do not use any functionality that was introduced in V9. So for this to work you cannot:

a) Specify a value on an arterfact that was introduced in V9
b) You cannot use any of the nodes/resources that were introduced in V9.

You will also have more chance of success if you use .msgflow files rather than .cmf. By using a .msgflow you will be getting the target run-time to perform the flow compilation for you and that will be a V8 flow compiler.

Fortunately if you try and deploy something V8 does not understand it will reject the deploy and tell you what it was not happy with.

Message flows and subflows are very picky in what they accept. If they see any attribute that is extraneous the deploy will be rejected.
The deploy process is less picky. If a file extension is found in the BAR file that is not recognised at that version it is simply ignored.

Deploying a compatible BAR (as above) from V9 to V8 will work as well. You would have to start a WMQ listener to the V8 broker queue manager and then use the IPQ parameters (host, port, queue maanger) on mqsideploy (or using a Toolkit remote connection).

While this will be fine for V9, the same is not true for V10. While the artefacts are compatible according to these same rules, the administration transport is completely different. V10 can only interact with V10 resources.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » deploying IIB 9's msgflow and msgset in wmb v8
Jump to: