ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Mixed cluster(multiple) information in partial repository

Mixed cluster(multiple) information in partial repository « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
smeunier
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Mixed cluster(multiple) information in partial repository Reply with quote

Partisan

We recently move a Queue manager from one cluster to another. Somewhere through that process the QMGR that was being moved, held onto so some old cluster channels and not traffic is being directed to the wrong end points, rather than the new end point in the new cluster. Unfortunately the QMGR names are the same, which makes this even worse. The cluster move was from a TEST cluster to a PROD cluster.

When I DISPLAY CLUSQMGR(*) I see CLUSSRDA channels to the OLD cluster. I have tried numerous ways to rid the repository(partial) of this information, with no luck. The Full repository seems fine. It seems the partial repository on the moved QMGR, is corrupt. How can I get rid of these CLUSSDRA channels to the OLD cluster? I dropped the QMGR from the new cluster to try and rejoin it, hoping it would come in fresh, but the partial still has old information. On top of that now the CLUSSDR channel has: CLUSQMGR(SYSTEM.TEMPQMGR..........) issue. I have validated the CONNECTION information and it is OK. So now I can't even properly get it back into the cluster(new).

Is there a way to FLUSH that Partial repository? A refresh on it did nothing. Is the problem the Full REPO or the Partial REPO. I having troble trying to decipher that.

Thoughts on correction Path?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

I am guessing here that you have messages stuck in the SCTQ or equivalent.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

I'm guessing that you didn't follow the well-documented guidelines for removing objects from a cluster.
smeunier
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Quote:
Actually mis-directed to QMGRS on the wrong cluster.

Quote:
I'm guessing that you didn't follow the well-documented guidelines for removing objects from a cluster.
Actually I have done this a number of times with no issues. Obviously, I missed something

I tried most steps to try and re mediate the partial repository, but saw no way to rid those pesky CLUSSRDA channels. Which is really what I was looking for here. I googled and tried those suggestions, but to no avail. I think if the Channels were to the current cluster it was a member of, I could have gotten rid of them. Since I decided not to rejoin it to the old cluster and possible get in deeper, I decide to take the option of blowing away the QMGR and recreating it. I had a window of opportunity where I could do this and it seemed like the best bet. Knowing I possibly won't be so lucky next time and have that option. I'm wonderin what, if anything, I could have done to rid those CLUSSDRA channel pointing to the "other" cluster.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

smeunier wrote:
Quote:
Actually mis-directed to QMGRS on the wrong cluster.

Quote:
Actually I have done this a number of times with no issues. Obviously, I missed something

I tried most steps to try and re mediate the partial repository, but saw no way to rid those pesky CLUSSRDA channels. Which is really what I was looking for here. I googled and tried those suggestions, but to no avail. I think if the Channels were to the current cluster it was a member of, I could have gotten rid of them. Since I decided not to rejoin it to the old cluster and possible get in deeper, I decide to take the option of blowing away the QMGR and recreating it. I had a window of opportunity where I could do this and it seemed like the best bet. Knowing I possibly won't be so lucky next time and have that option. I'm wonderin what, if anything, I could have done to rid those CLUSSDRA channel pointing to the "other" cluster.

First you'd need to get rid of any msgs in the SCTQ(s) that are slotted for those old qmgrs. Then you can try and do a force delete for all the old information pertaining to that qmid. (Both on current PR and FRs).

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Mixed cluster(multiple) information in partial repository
Jump to: