ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » How to delete a particular message using IBM MQ Explorer

How to delete a particular message using IBM MQ Explorer « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bichu
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: How to delete a particular message using IBM MQ Explorer Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi Guys,

Is there any way to delete a particular message using IBM MQ Explorer or using MQSC commands, say, by using message id or position number .

Thanks in advance.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

No more than you can "delete" a message from a queue with an application (which is all MQ Explorer is really).

You can destructively read & ignore a message based on message id. I do not believe MQ Explorer has that functionality. Some of the various support pac utilities might suit your needs.
Bichu
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Many Thanks Vitor. I also thought of using Rfhutil to purge messages.
But still can we use the same to purge multiple messages by specifying a series of ids or so?
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Not quite as nice to use as a GUI for this kind of thing but you can 'delete' a message from a queue by Message Id using my Q SupportPac MA01

Cheers,

Paul.
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

MS0P will also add administrative support to allow you to delete, copy or move specific messages. It is a plugin for MQ Explorer. After you apply it, browse the queue and right click on the message in question.

I like it very much and it does much more...
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

JosephGramig wrote:
MS0P will also add administrative support to allow you to delete, copy or move specific messages. It is a plugin for MQ Explorer. After you apply it, browse the queue and right click on the message in question.

I like it very much and it does much more...

The one thing it does not do for me is display the message in a readable format. I can only see the message displayed in Hex with the plug-in.
tczielke
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

When I just have hex bytes and want to view them as printable characters, I use a program that I wrote (and is free on the Capitalware website) called mqcpcnvt. It allows you to PUT/GET hex byte streams to a queue. You can also convert the data on the GET. It also prints the hex data as printable characters after the GET, which is the helpful piece here. So if you have EBCDIC or ASCII byte streams, you could run mqcpcnvt on an ASCII system and view both use cases in printable ASCII characters.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

tczielke wrote:
When I just have hex bytes and want to view them as printable characters, I use a program that I wrote (and is free on the Capitalware website) called mqcpcnvt. It allows you to PUT/GET hex byte streams to a queue. You can also convert the data on the GET. It also prints the hex data as printable characters after the GET, which is the helpful piece here. So if you have EBCDIC or ASCII byte streams, you could run mqcpcnvt on an ASCII system and view both use cases in printable ASCII characters.

For that I use Paul Clarke's excellent support pack MO71...
I was just wondering if I am missing something in MSOP that would allow me to see a message as text instead of Hex values...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » How to delete a particular message using IBM MQ Explorer
Jump to: