ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Remote Queue Config & Message Transport in IBM MQ

Remote Queue Config & Message Transport in IBM MQ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rajiv.panda
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Remote Queue Config & Message Transport in IBM MQ Reply with quote

Hi All,

I don't know exactly how I put in my question as I'm a newbie to IBM MQ.

Just giving a background before I put forward the question:

We have been asked to do the performance testing of transactions with high volume of data records pushed it through IBM MQ.

The intent is to check how much time it takes the moment you keep the large volume of records in the message queue till the records populated in the corresponding tables of the database. The records that is pushed in message queue are in XML format with the tags represent columns of the tables.

Question:

IBM MQ is installed in the APP server. Both App & database servers are in separate boxes.

I've installed MQ explorer in my system.

I believe when I say remote queue - it means, a queue is created in IBM MQ server that is installed in APP server.

Local Queue - Created in MQ explorer in my system.

1. How do I create remote queue in IBM MQ server through my MQ explorer in my machine. I mean what are the configurations that I need to look out to create a remote queue successfully?

2. Can I post message directly in remote queue or do I need to transfer the message from my local queue to remote queue?

In our system architecture, I believe when we post message to remote queue, some kind of background process will run to take these messages and populate in databases.

3. Can I push huge volume of data (million records) in XML format to the message queues?If so how, what method I should follow. Appreciate a nice example.

Please help in getting the answers. Please share If anybody knows anything, not necessarily all questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajiv Panda

[/b]
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Remote Queue Config & Message Transport in IBM MQ Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Lots of questions, some not very clear (probably due to newbie status).

rajiv.panda wrote:
Hi All,

I don't know exactly how I put in my question as I'm a newbie to IBM MQ.

Just giving a background before I put forward the question:

We have been asked to do the performance testing of transactions with high volume of data records pushed it through IBM MQ.

The intent is to check how much time it takes the moment you keep the large volume of records in the message queue till the records populated in the corresponding tables of the database. The records that is pushed in message queue are in XML format with the tags represent columns of the tables.

Question:

IBM MQ is installed in the APP server. Both App & database servers are in separate boxes.

I've installed MQ explorer in my system.

I believe when I say remote queue - it means, a queue is created in IBM MQ server that is installed in APP server.

1. How do I create remote queue in IBM MQ server through my MQ explorer in my machine. I mean what are the configurations that I need to look out to create a remote queue successfully?

O.K. not very clear what your MQ topology is.
Do you have one MQ Server on the APP box and one MQ Server on the DB box? A remote queue is a pointer to a queue that does reside in a different queue manager. Is that the case here?
rajiv.panda wrote:

2. Can I post message directly in remote queue or do I need to transfer the message from my local queue to remote queue?

A quick try would have shown you that if you have the proper authorizations, you can directly post to the Remote queue.
rajiv.panda wrote:

In our system architecture, I believe when we post message to remote queue, some kind of background process will run to take these messages and populate in databases.

Illusion. What is probably automated is the process to transfer the messages to the target queue manager. You will still need an application there that reads the message off the queue and stores it in the DB.
rajiv.panda wrote:

3. Can I push huge volume of data (million records) in XML format to the message queues?If so how, what method I should follow. Appreciate a nice example.

There are support packs. Anyways and before I'd go thinking about huge volumes, I would want to talk to both MQ and DB admins to understand the ramifications of pushing those volumes and have monitoring and development eyes ready. Also you need to be able to terminate your volume test at the drop of a hat to avoid a potential disaster situation...
rajiv.panda wrote:

Please help in getting the answers. Please share If anybody knows anything, not necessarily all questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajiv Panda

[/b]

Have fun
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

You got most of this information on your previous thread here.

Repeatedly asking the same question using a different form of words will not get you different answers.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Remote Queue Config & Message Transport in IBM MQ Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

But because it's Friday:

rajiv.panda wrote:

You believe wrong. A local and a remote queue are specific objects, and the definition of if something is "local" or "remote" depends on topology. For example, a local queue can be remote to your connection.

Also there's nothing "created in MQ Explorer". MQ Explorer doesn't host anything; it's just showing you a view of whatever queue manager you've connected it to.

rajiv.panda wrote:

None. You can create a remote queue object directly through Explorer. However, as I explained above, your question doesn't make sense because your belief about what a local and remote queue is wrong.

rajiv.panda wrote:

See above. You think you need to send something from MQ Explorer to the server and that belief is false.

rajiv.panda wrote:

See the answers you were given in the previous thread you opened. There are a number of methods by which you can do this; the one you select will be the one that best fits your individual needs and your individual topology. We can't know what that is, never mind give you a "nice example" of what you should do next.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Remote Queue Config & Message Transport in IBM MQ
Jump to: