ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Aggregate request and reply

Aggregate request and reply « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqlover
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Aggregate request and reply Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi,

I found the below link for dynamic aggregation of msgs
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1306_chakraborty/1306_chakraborty.html
But it says a Environment variable to be set but am not allowed to do it. How to do it?
I have 6 fields coming in from the request and out of it 4 are mandatory and 2 are optional. If i follow the Aggregation Sample then we fire separate requests but how do we do if there are only 4 mandatory fields and 2 optional fields.
shall I still fire 6 requests and checking in compute node if its mandatory or not for the 4 fields and for the other 2 fields jus pass it on to aggregate request?

Thanks in advance
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Why are you not allowed to set it?
mqlover
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

We use AIX machine and the client doesnt want to make any change to the env settings for this profile.
Instead of using aggregate nodes, they suggested me to use MQGET node for fetching multiple response. Is it feasible.
My requirement : I get a single request with multiple entities and in the response I get individual response for each entity. So if I get by correlation Id then I can use MQGet node right?
Just need your suggestion on the approach.
I have designed the flow as single request and multiple response using the MQGet node.

Thanks
maurito
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mqlover wrote:
Instead of using aggregate nodes, they suggested me to use MQGET node for fetching multiple response.

Who are 'they' ?.
Ask them to set the environment variable or give you an alternative design, as "they" have already started telling you what to do.

Last edited by maurito on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

So you're not talking about the Environment tree. You're talking about something else.

Where does this apply to the Aggregate nodes?
maurito
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mqjeff wrote:

So you're not talking about the Environment tree. You're talking about something else.

AIX ( or Operating System ) Environment variables. Documented in the Knowledge Center , Aggregation nodes.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

maurito wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

AIX ( or Operating System ) Environment variables. Documented in the Knowledge Center , Aggregation nodes.

KnowledgeCenter? That old thing?

You mean the part that says Control messages are not required to make aggregations work correctly.
maurito
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mqjeff wrote:
maurito wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

KnowledgeCenter? That old thing?

You mean the part that says Control messages are not required to make aggregations work correctly.

Correct. The op is following some old instructions and should be referring to the up to date doc, the one relevant for the version being used. Still, if he/she wants to use control messages, the environment variable needs to be set.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

And yet, the environment variable can't be set, and so the control messages can't be used.

But that has nothing to do with whether aggregation nodes or MQGet is "the right chioce".
maurito
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mqjeff wrote:
And yet, the environment variable can't be set, and so the control messages can't be used.

But that has nothing to do with whether aggregation nodes or MQGet is "the right chioce".

The environment variable CAN be set. The OP is not authorised to do so, which is not the same thing.
If the OP is in a development environment, he/she should ask for the correct clearance to be able to test/practice/learn from the provided examples and/or developmentworks articles.

Last edited by maurito on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

maurito wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

The environment variable CAN be set. The OP is not authorised to do so, which is not the same thing.

"not allowed to set" is very close to "can't set", particularly from a practical point of view.
maurito
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mqjeff wrote:
maurito wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

"not allowed to set" is very close to "can't set", particularly from a practical point of view.

Not close enough. In a development/test environment should be able to do so.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Again "should be able to" is not the same as "not allowed to" and not the same as "can't".

But arguing this doesn't help much.

The main point is that mqlover doesn't have to set any environment variables, and can use the Aggregation nodes as per the Sample/Tutorial that comes with the Toolkit.
mqlover
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Sorry for the delayed response. Now the requirements are freezed,finally its decided that there is just one request which are coming in but with multiple response. I am using aggregate request and aggregate reply node.
I have designed as
MQinput->Compute->aggregateControl->MQOutput->AggregateRequestNode
Also saving the original request in one queue.
For Response I have designed as
MQInput->AggregateReply->ComputeNode
Am also picking up the original Request msg which I had saved in the queue is also aggregated with the reply.

I am getting below exception, the reply msg does not have replyIdentifier and also it says that ReplyProtocol is UNKNOWN though its coming from MQ.
Should I be asking the response sending application to match the correlID?

Thanks
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

I wonder if in your case a collection would not be the better option...
Yes, please ask for the service to reply with the correlation ID set to the request messageID or the Request CorrelationID should one exist (and not be MQCI_NONE).

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Aggregate request and reply
Jump to: