ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » JMSOutput node is not publishing the messages to topic

JMSOutput node is not publishing the messages to topic « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mds1985
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: JMSOutput node is not publishing the messages to topic Reply with quote

Hello,

I am using the JMSOutput node for the first time. I did some research around it before using.

The issue that I am currently facing is not being able to publish the message to a topic on the remote server. If I use the plain java class to do the same thing using the same binding file, it works and I am able to publish the message but with the JMSoutput node it is not working.

Since we could not get the right seebeyond .jar file which has com.stc.is.naming.NamingContextFactory class in it we thought of using the stcjms.jar which is available with us.

We are using a java class to create the .binding file with the WMQ initial context factory com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory

Below are the configurations I am using:

Broker Version: 8.0.0.2
JMS Provider : Seebeyond
.jar file : stcjms.jar

Properties on JMSOutput Node:
JMSProvider Name : Seebeyond
Initial Context factory: com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
Location JNDI bindings: file:|||wmb|QMGR|logs| ("/" are replaced by "|")
Publication Topic : etOrder

I have placed all the MQ, Seebeyond and JMS related jars in the shared-classes directory of the broker
/var/mqsi/config/QMGR/shared-classes/
/var/mqsi/shared-classes

the .jar list is as below:

com.ibm.mq.headers.jar
com.ibm.mq.jms.Nojndi.jar
dhbcore.jar
javax.jms.jar
jta.jar
stcjms.jar
com.ibm.mq.jar
com.ibm.mqjms.jar
fscontext.jar
jms.jar
providerutil.jar
com.ibm.mq.jmqi.jar
connector.jar
j2ee.jar
jndi.jar
stcjcs.jar

I tailed the stderr log which says:

2016-06-20 15:47:29.220 85 java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.naming.Reference incompatible with javax.jms.Destination
2016-06-20 15:47:29.220 85 at com.ibm.broker.jmsclienthelper.JMSClientHelper.lookUpJMSDestinations(JMSClientHelper.java:3223)
2016-06-20 15:47:29.220 85 at com.ibm.broker.jmsclienthelper.JMSClientRequestResponseHelper.setupJMSRequest(JMSClientRequestResponseHelper.java:939)
2016-06-20 15:47:29.220 85 at com.ibm.broker.jmsclientnodes.JMSClientOutputNode.evaluate(JMSClientOutputNode.java:436)
2016-06-20 15:47:29.220 85 at com.ibm.broker.plugin.MbNode.evaluate(MbNode.java:1480)
2016-06-20 16:45:12.969 85 java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.naming.Reference incompatible with javax.jms.Destination
2016-06-20 16:45:12.969 85 at com.ibm.broker.jmsclienthelper.JMSClientHelper.lookUpJMSDestinations(JMSClientHelper.java:3223)
2016-06-20 16:45:12.969 85 at com.ibm.broker.jmsclienthelper.JMSClientRequestResponseHelper.setupJMSRequest(JMSClientRequestResponseHelper.java:939)
2016-06-20 16:45:12.969 85 at com.ibm.broker.jmsclientnodes.JMSClientOutputNode.evaluate(JMSClientOutputNode.java:436)
2016-06-20 16:45:12.969 85 at com.ibm.broker.plugin.MbNode.evaluate(MbNode.java:1480)

And the WMB exceptionlist says:

<CausedBy>
<failingComponent>/{JMSClientErrors:handleJNDIException()}</failingComponent>
<componentFaultCode>RecoverableException.4640</componentFaultCode>
<faultDiagnostic>Failure to obtain JNDI administered objects - 1:[[Broker 'QMGR'; Execution Group 'AEI'; Message Flow 'XOrderDesc'; Node 'JMS Output::ComIbmJMSClientOutputNode' ]]; 2:[[com.stc.is.naming.NamingContextFactory]]; 3:[[file:///wmb/QMGR/logs]]; 4:[[connection]]; 5:[[]]; 6:[[Failed to create InitialContext using factory specified in hashtable]]; 7:[[ Failed to create InitialContext using factory specified in hashtable]]</faultDiagnostic>
<faultSeverity>3</faultSeverity>
</CausedBy>

can you please help me figuring out where I am making mistake? or am I missing some steps setting up the JMSouput node?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

The question is really about the content of your JMS bindings file.
SeeBeyond as a provider may not use it.
Your error says that the information is incompatible with the provider's destination... i.e. expecting an MQ Publish in a SeeBeyond provider???

Have fun
mds1985
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. You are right. Actually when I said the plain java class can publish the message using the same .binding file by casting the Seebeyond objects to MQ objects.

Can't we do the same using the JMS output node. Also is there a specific format for seebeyond .binding file which I can edit with host/port and topic information so that JMS output node can use it.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The JMSOutput node doesn't talk to MQ.

It talks directly to whatever JMS Provider you've configured it to talk to.

If you happen to choose to use the MQ JMS Provider, then it will talk to MQ - but over JMS instead of any kind of native MQ.

Not at all clear what your standalone client code is doing. Even less clear why it's doing that. Is it trying to act as a bridge between MQ and Seebeyond? IIB can certainly do that, using JMSInput/Output nodes and MQInput/Output nodes. But you would do all of your work with the IIB message trees, and not by casting any objects to any other objects.
mds1985
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for any confusion. Actually my standalone java code is called by the compute node in the message flow. I am not using the JMSOutput node in this case.

This standalone Java class is casting the intialcontext object with STC(seebeyond) classes. The below code works and publishes the message to the remote server.

public class EtXOrderPublish {

public static String publishToTopic(String requestData, String ContextFactory, String ProviderURL) {

// Declare variables
String result = null;

// Initialise methods
// Create string builder to log the steps of process
StringBuilder log = new StringBuilder();
STCTopic topic = new STCTopic();

try {
// Setup JNDI
Properties props = new Properties();
props.put(InitialContext.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
ContextFactory);
props.put(InitialContext.PROVIDER_URL, ProviderURL);

InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(props);

// Find connection factory
STCTopicConnectionFactory fact = (STCTopicConnectionFactory) ctx
.lookup("connection");

log.append(ctx.lookup("connection").toString() +"\n");
// Topic destination
topic = (STCTopic) ctx.lookup("APTopic");
log.append("TopicName: " + topic +"\n");

// Create connection, session
STCTopicConnection conn = (STCTopicConnection) fact
.createTopicConnection();

// Start connection
conn.start();

log.append(conn +"\n");

STCTopicSession session = (STCTopicSession) conn
.createTopicSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
log.append(session+"\n");
result = "Session Created" + topic.toString()+"\n" +log.toString();

// Send message
STCTopicPublisher producer = (STCTopicPublisher) session
.createPublisher(topic);

TextMessage msgText = session.createTextMessage(requestData);
producer.publish(msgText, DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT,
Message.DEFAULT_DELIVERY_MODE, 0);
log.append("Message: " + requestData +"\n");

// Close connection
conn.close();
result = "Message published suc" +
"cessfully to topic "+ topic.toString()+"\n" +log.toString();

} catch (Exception ex) {
result = "ExceptionInPublishing message to topic "+
topic.toString()+"\n"+ log.toString()+"\n"+ex.getMessage();
}

//Return result
return result;
}
}

But if I want to use the JMSOutput node to do the same thing instead of using the java class, it is not working and the error is as below,

Node 'JMS Output::ComIbmJMSClientOutputNode' ]]; 2:[[com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory]]; 3:[[file:///wmbdata/QMGR1/logs/]]; 4:[[connection]]; 5:[[]]; 6:[[javax.naming.Reference incompatible with javax.jms.Destination]]; 7:[[ java.lang.ClassCastException : javax.naming.Reference incompatible with javax.jms.Destination]]</faultDiagnostic>
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

So what's your bindings file look like?
mds1985
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#This file is used by the JNDI FSContext.
#Tue Jun 21 15:02:26 BST 2016
APTopic/ClassName=com.seebeyond.jms.client.STCTopic
connection/ClassName=com.seebeyond.jms.client.STCTopicConnectionFactory
APTopic/RefAddr/0/Encoding=Base64
connection/RefAddr/0/Encoding=Base64
APTopic/FactoryName=com.seebeyond.jms.client.STCTopic
connection/RefAddr/0/Content=rO0ABXQADTE3Mi4xNi4xNC4xMzV3BAAAX4l0ACtjb20uc2VlYmV5b25kLmptcy5zb2NrZXRzLlNv\r\nY2tldFByb3RvY29sTWdycHcEAAAAZHA\=\r\n
APTopic/RefAddr/0/Type=STCDestination
connection/RefAddr/0/Type=STCConnectionFactory
APTopic/RefAddr/0/Content=rO0ABXNyACFjb20uc2VlYmV5b25kLmptcy5jbGllbnQuU1RDVG9waWPq+P3bksFZLgIAAHhyACdj\r\nb20uc2VlYmV5b25kLmptcy5jbGllbnQuU1RDRGVzdGluYXRpb27D7HASHDMuMAIAAloAEW1FeGlz\r\ndGluZ1RlbXBEZXN0TAAFbU5hbWV0ABJMamF2YS9sYW5nL1N0cmluZzt4cAB0AAhldFhPcmRlcg\=\=\r\n
connection/FactoryName=com.seebeyond.jms.client.STCTopicConnectionFactory

I have added the .jar file paths to the CLASSPATH and now I am not getting the above error but seeing

<faultDiagnostic>Failure to obtain JMS Connection javax/jms/ConnectionFactory.createConnection()Ljavax/jms/Connection; - 1:[[Broker 'QMGR1'; Execution Group 'AI'; Message Flow 'XOrderDesc'; Node 'JMS Output::ComIbmJMSClientOutputNode' ]]; 2:[[com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory]]; 3:[[ javax/jms/ConnectionFactory.createConnection()Ljavax/jms/Connection;]]</faultDiagnostic>

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » JMSOutput node is not publishing the messages to topic
Jump to: