ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQSeries Client-Server Connection

MQSeries Client-Server Connection « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Deepa Chandra
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to connect an MQSeries Client to a Server located in another machine. In the client, I have defined the 'client connection channel' by setting the MQSERVER variable at the DOS prompt. The corresponding server connection channel is created at the Server end, and the listener is running.Now, when I try to send a message to the queue using the command -> 'amqsputc ', it says, MQCONN ended with reason code 2059. ( But the queuemanager is running still). The event viewer at the client side shows an error - 'Channel not defined remotely. There is no defintion of channel at the remote location'.And at the server side, the event viewer shows 'Channel program ended abnormally. The requested operation failed because the program could not find a definition of channel '.
What should I do now to enable the Client to communicate with server ??
NickB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Not sure what client operating system you use, but it is possible that your change to the MQSERVER environment variable has not taken effect. If you're using NT, make sure you make the variable a system one and not a user one. Sometimes a reboot helps.

If this doesn't work, please post the exact setting for your MQSERVER variable.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

A permanent change to an NT/2000 environment variable should be done in the control panel (system/advanced/environment) and not in a DOS prompt. Then restart the process to pick up the new system environment setting.

If you were running your client program in the same DOS session as you set the environment variable it should work (temporarily anyway).

Make sure you specify the fully qualfied server DNS name and protocol (and port if not 1414).
bn0615
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) On your servconn, change properties of MCA to valid user id (ie: devo)
2) make sure the parms of your SET MQSERVER= is correct
3) run SET MQ_USER_ID=devo (ie:valid user id in #1)
4) testing with amqsputc Qname QMgr
StefanSievert
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

My, meanwhile legendary, comment: Make sure that you spell the channel, queue and queue manager names *exactly* as they are defined at the server side; MQ object names are case sensitive. This applies to your MQSERVER setting and to the arguments you pass to amqsPU/GEtc.exe
Be sure to specify the parms to amqsputc in the correct sequence; it's queue name first, then queue manager name.
The advice on setting the environment variable through the 'System' icon in the control panel is very reasonable, too.

BTW, I don't think that the MQ_USER_ID environment variable is supported on a Windows client any more. But as you didn't mention your platforms, it's all just guessing. The AMQERR01.LOG on the server side will give you a detailed message, which channel couldn't be started.

Good luck,
Stefan

Deepa Chandra
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the response.

It worked when I made MQServer as a system variable.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepa

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQSeries Client-Server Connection
Jump to: