ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » TCPIP connections by connection manager

TCPIP connections by connection manager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vickas
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: TCPIP connections by connection manager Reply with quote

Centurion

hie All ,

I have a requirement where the flow has to EXCHANGE data ( to & fro ) with server on TCPIP protocol . I mean the flow has to send & recieve heartbeats & data messages to & from server and also explicitly close the connection to the server when heartbeats/ acks not recieved from server ( within some time limit ) & again reconnect .
I see the flow functioning as expected , no issues with it .

I have an additional thing to do this existing flow ( Change Request - recommended by server side team ) i.e
in either of the connection close scenerios ,
1) flow explicitly closing the connection to the servers( when heartbeats/ acks not recieved within certain time limit )
2) server closing the connection to the client ( flow )

the flow (client) should wait for some time ( say 5 secs ) and then try to reconnect after the disconnection happens at either of the 2 cases mentioned above .

while i started testing with the 2nd scenerio - server closing the connection to the client ( flow ) -
created a dummy server flow which acts as server . After exchange of data msgs & heartbeats b/w client flow & dummy server flow , I stopped the server flow & i c no connections available ( netstat -an| grep 7777 ) .
Then before bringing up the server flow i restricted the client flow not to any send the heartbeats & data msgs & then brought up the dummy server flow & i see the connections being established . So i understand that the connections get established even though there isnt any initiation ( to send heartbeats/ data msgs ) from flow level .

I also understand that the TCP connections are managed by TCPIP Connection manager & it looks after the connections & connection pool .
so , is there any parameter available to tell the TCPIP manager to wait for some time & then re-connect ?
I do not see any such option available with the TCPIP configurable service.
Can i make this possible with minimal changes at TCP IP connetion manager ?? if so , can u pls list out those .

Your inputs are highly appreciated !!
timber
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Thanks for the clear explanation of your scenario.

This topic contains everything you need to know about connection management: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac67380_.htm?lang=en
If that does not answer your question, then please re-state your question with reference to the relevant parts of that topic.
timber
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Also...
https://twitter.com/casheeew/status/481438450848395264
( less helpful, but a lot funnier )
vickas
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

timber wrote:
Thanks for the clear explanation of your scenario.

This topic contains everything you need to know about connection management: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac67380_.htm?lang=en
If that does not answer your question, then please re-state your question with reference to the relevant parts of that topic.

hie timber , thanks for the replies .
can you please help me if you can find out the answer for the below

is there any parameter available to tell the TCPIP connection manager to wait for some time period & then re-connect ?
alaychem
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Well, I guess you can always link the time out terminal back to the TCP input node.
mindspace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TCPIP connections by connection manager Reply with quote

Apprentice

vickas wrote:
hie All ,

I have a requirement where the flow has to EXCHANGE data ( to & fro ) with server on TCPIP protocol . I mean the flow has to send & recieve heartbeats & data messages to & from server and also explicitly close the connection to the server when heartbeats/ acks not recieved from server ( within some time limit ) & again reconnect .
I see the flow functioning as expected , no issues with it .

I have an additional thing to do this existing flow ( Change Request - recommended by server side team ) i.e
in either of the connection close scenerios ,
1) flow explicitly closing the connection to the servers( when heartbeats/ acks not recieved within certain time limit )
2) server closing the connection to the client ( flow )

the flow (client) should wait for some time ( say 5 secs ) and then try to reconnect after the disconnection happens at either of the 2 cases mentioned above .

while i started testing with the 2nd scenerio - server closing the connection to the client ( flow ) -
created a dummy server flow which acts as server . After exchange of data msgs & heartbeats b/w client flow & dummy server flow , I stopped the server flow & i c no connections available ( netstat -an| grep 7777 ) .
Then before bringing up the server flow i restricted the client flow not to any send the heartbeats & data msgs & then brought up the dummy server flow & i see the connections being established . So i understand that the connections get established even though there isnt any initiation ( to send heartbeats/ data msgs ) from flow level .

I also understand that the TCP connections are managed by TCPIP Connection manager & it looks after the connections & connection pool .
so , is there any parameter available to tell the TCPIP manager to wait for some time & then re-connect ?
I do not see any such option available with the TCPIP configurable service.
Can i make this possible with minimal changes at TCP IP connetion manager ?? if so , can u pls list out those .

Your inputs are highly appreciated !!

I have exactly the same issue..please let me know how you resolved this issue?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » TCPIP connections by connection manager
Jump to: