ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » SOAP Request throwing BIP3701 error

SOAP Request throwing BIP3701 error « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
murdeep
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: SOAP Request throwing BIP3701 error Reply with quote

Master

Hello, IIB V9001. I have a SOAP request that fails on the response. The failure is logged as a BIP3701 event:

Quote:
( BKRT01.EG12 ) A Java exception was thrown whilst calling the Java JNI method ''Axis2Requester_processResponseMessageSync''. The Java exception was ''org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: MustUnderstand Header-Check Failed for Header: {http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing}Action whilst processing operation: CloseCase''. The Java stack trace was ''Frame : 0 org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: MustUnderstand Header-Check Failed for Header: {http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing}Action whilst processing operation: CloseCase
@: com.ibm.broker.axis2.MustUnderstandHeaderInHandler.invoke(MustUnderstandHeaderInHandler.java:340)
@: org.apache.axis2.handlers.AbstractHandler.invoke_stage2(AbstractHandler.java:133)
@: org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invokeHandler(Phase.java:343)
@: org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:313)
@: org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:360)
@: org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:195)
@: com.ibm.broker.axis2.Axis2Requester.processResponseMessageInternal(Axis2Requester.java:2469)
@: com.ibm.broker.axis2.Axis2Requester.processResponseMessageSync(Axis2Requester.java:2243)
''.

Correct the error, and if necessary redeploy the flow.

Using soapUI the response is validated OK.

Here is the HTTP Reply Header:

Quote:
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Content-Length: 562
Content-Type: application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 00:21:32 GMT

The HTTP Reply Message Body bitstream (if any) received from the server was:

Quote:
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope" xmlns:a="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
<s:Header>
<a:Action s:mustUnderstand="1">http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/soap/fault</a:Action>
</s:Header>
<s:Body>
<s:Fault>
<s:Code>
<s:Value>s:Sender</s:Value>
<s:Subcode><s:Value xmlns:a="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/sc">a:BadContextToken</s:Value></s:Subcode>
</s:Code>
<s:Reason>
<s:Text xml:lang="en-US">The security context token is expired or is not valid. The message was not processed.</s:Text>
</s:Reason>
</s:Fault>
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

I can't see anything that is wrong with the response so I am not sure why IIB is throwing the exception

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Quote:
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Has to do with security...
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: SOAP Request throwing BIP3701 error Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

murdeep wrote:
I can't see anything that is wrong with the response so I am not sure why IIB is throwing the exception

Because IIB enforces WS rules and SoapUI really doesn't care that much.

murdeep wrote:
Quote:

Fix the security issue.
murdeep
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: SOAP Request throwing BIP3701 error Reply with quote

Master

Vitor wrote:
murdeep wrote:

Because IIB enforces WS rules and SoapUI really doesn't care that much.

murdeep wrote:
Quote:

Fix the security issue.

I am deliberately sending in a request with no WSSE-Security header to force the fault.

I think the issue here is not with my request but how IIB handles the fault response that I get back. I am expecting to go down the Fault terminal and get the "The security context token is expired or is not valid. The message was not processed" in a fault. But instead I am going down the Failure terminal because IIB is throwing the JNI error.

So my question still remains what is wrong with the response the SOAP service returns that is causing IIB to throw the JNI exception?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: SOAP Request throwing BIP3701 error Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

murdeep wrote:

I am deliberately sending in a request with no WSSE-Security header to force the fault.

I think the issue here is not with my request but how IIB handles the fault response that I get back. I am expecting to go down the Fault terminal and get the "The security context token is expired or is not valid. The message was not processed" in a fault. But instead I am going down the Failure terminal because IIB is throwing the JNI error.

So my question still remains what is wrong with the response the SOAP service returns that is causing IIB to throw the JNI exception?

As a wild guess, have you checked that all the namespaces for the Fault response and its content are correct?
murdeep
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: SOAP Request throwing BIP3701 error Reply with quote

Master

fjb_saper wrote:
As a wild guess, have you checked that all the namespaces for the Fault response and its content are correct?

Well as far as I can see it looks ok. The body definitely looks ok but I am not sure about the header which is what IIB is complaining about.
Vakku
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: SOAP Request throwing BIP3701 error Reply with quote

Novice

murdeep wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

Well as far as I can see it looks ok. The body definitely looks ok but I am not sure about the header which is what IIB is complaining about.

Hi Murdeep, Did you get into the bottom of this issue?
I'm also getting into the same problem when the SOAP request parses the response coming back from an external system. If you had a resoltion to thi, please post and it will be very helpful. Thank you in advance.
joebuckeye
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

We saw this issue when the SOAP endpoint was returning SOAP Fault messages with an HTTP status of 200. SOAP Fault messages need to have a 500 HTTP status.

The provider refused to change this behavior so we were forced to use HTTP nodes in place of SOAP nodes.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

joebuckeye wrote:
We saw this issue when the SOAP endpoint was returning SOAP Fault messages with an HTTP status of 200.

Ah - the old "we're successfully returning a fault" ploy. Been there ourselves.

joebuckeye wrote:
The provider refused to change this behavior so we were forced to use HTTP nodes in place of SOAP nodes.

So did we. Until we threatened to change providers. Then (by a thousand to one coincidence) they found a way to fix it. Lucky timing really.....
joebuckeye
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Vitor wrote:
joebuckeye wrote:

So did we. Until we threatened to change providers. Then (by a thousand to one coincidence) they found a way to fix it. Lucky timing really.....

I should say our business people refused to reach out to the provider to tell them of their mistake. Most of the time it seems our business people favor the outside vendors more than their own in-house IT staff and assume we are the ones who don't know what we are doing. Probably because we tell them the truth while the outside vendor is selling them unicorns and rainbows.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

joebuckeye wrote:
Most of the time it seems our business people favor the outside vendors more than their own in-house IT staff and assume we are the ones who don't know what we are doing.

Because vendors are being paid and therefore have a moral obligation to tell the truth

joebuckeye wrote:
Probably because we tell them the truth while the outside vendor is selling them unicorns and rainbows.

I shoot unicorns for their horns (ground unicorn horn is a remedy for stupidity), and the black cloud over my head makes rainbows impossible.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » SOAP Request throwing BIP3701 error
Jump to: