ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Virtual Datapower IDG MPG frontside handler down with 2059

Virtual Datapower IDG MPG frontside handler down with 2059 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ivanachukapawn
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Virtual Datapower IDG MPG frontside handler down with 2059 Reply with quote

Knight

Thanks to the guys on MQSeries.net re:Web GUI Connection Refused (3 pages of very patient help provided by MQjeff and FJBsaper). Finally I found the CLI command "show int" which then provided the assigned IPs for the 4 network interfacia. I then proceeded to make some progress with my training exercise (i.e. to get experience with virtual Datapower IDG). I have some Web Service proxy services working and tested OK via SoapUI. Next I tried an MPG with MQ on both front and backend and now I'm up against another stone wall as the MPG frontside MQ handler always displays a (red) down status. Initially I tested with MQ 8.0.0.4 (on the Windows 10 hypervisor) - I was suspicious of the security on the MQ8.0.0.4 queue manager even after disabling both CHLAUTH and Connection Authentication - so I installed MQ7.5 and tried again but got the same results. The (red) down status appears immediately after having created the MPG service replete with front and backside MQ and a policy which matches URL* and performs a simple XSLT transform. The log shows a 2059 error (queue manager not available). Of course, the queue manager is available (and running) and is listening on the specified port.
I looked in both qmgrs/qmgr/errors and the MQ errors logs and found nothing relevant to the 2059 error the Datapower displays. In fact, there aren't any error messages except for the info messages related to starting the QM and listener.
I suspect network issues may be causing the 2059. My VM settings for network are as follows:
eth0 - host only - I use this one for the WebUI - works fine
eth1 - bridged - I use this for the successful Web Proxy services
eth2 - bridged -
eth3 - nat
I don't know which interface I should be using when specifying IP(port) for the frontside MQ handler.
For the MPG tests, I have tried eth0, eth1, eth2,eth3 - and get 2059 on all tests.
I will be grateful for any suggestions as to how to proceed in solving this problem.
ivanachukapawn
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

OK. I had the bright idea of trying to TCP connect t0 port 3414. This resulted in connection refused. So I guess it is an issue with auth - investigating now. Will keep you posted. Incidentally, I got connection refused on both bridged interface and nat interface. Maybe either one of these will ultimately work.
ivanachukapawn
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

A friend suggested a brighter idea. I'll punch a firewall hole next. That should do it.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Virtual Datapower IDG MPG frontside handler down with 2059
Jump to: