ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » odbc.ini / odbcinst.ini - IIB10

odbc.ini / odbcinst.ini - IIB10 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
firoj.badsa
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: odbc.ini / odbcinst.ini - IIB10 Reply with quote

Centurion

Ubuntu
IIB 10.0.0.1

Wanted to setup a connection to DB2 from IIB 10.0.0.1. Copied odbc.ini / odbcinst.ini into new location and modified accordingly.

I did not find folder (/var/mqsi) created automatically. So, I created it manually. Again user mqbrkrs also not created as part of installation. Not sure but found somewhere that it is replaced by new group messagebus. So, changed accordingly. Still it does not work. I am getting below error while running mqsicvp.

XXXX@XXXXX-Inspiron-N4010:/var/mqsi$ ls -ltr
total 12
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mqm messagebus 1047 Oct 4 22:14 odbcinst.ini
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mqm messagebus 6379 Oct 4 22:14 odbc.ini
adyaan@adyaan-Inspiron-N4010:/var/mqsi$

testuser@testuser-Inspiron-N4010:~/iib-10.0.0.1/server/bin$ mqsicvp TESTNODE_testuser
BIP8873I: Starting the component verification for component 'TESTNODE_testuser'.
BIP8876I: Starting the environment verification for component 'TESTNODE_testuser'.
BIP8894I: Verification passed for 'Registry'.
BIP8894I: Verification passed for 'MQSI_REGISTRY'.
BIP8894I: Verification passed for 'Java Version - 1.7.0 IBM Linux build pxa6470_27sr2fp10ifix-20150313_01(SR2 FP10+IV70681)
BIP8894I: Verification passed for 'MQSI_FILEPATH'.
BIP8878I: The environment verification for component 'TESTNODE_testuser' has finished successfully.
BIP8882I: Starting the WebSphere MQ verification for component 'TESTNODE_testuser'.
BIP8884I: The WebSphere MQ verification for component 'TESTNODE_testuser' has finished successfully.
BIP8289W: Unable to read ODBCSYSINI file in specified directory '/var/mqsi/odbcinst.ini'. Check that this file exists, and that the integration node user ID has permission to read the file.
The integration node cannot read the odbcinst.ini file in directory '/var/mqsi/odbcinst.ini', which is specified by the ODBCSYSINI environment variable.
Ensure that the ODBCSYSINI environment variable, if specified, points to a directory that contains the odbcinst.ini file, and that the integration node user ID has permission to read the file.
BIP8292I: '12' User data sources were not verified, because they do not have mqsisetdbparms credentials.
BIP8874I: The component verification for 'TESTNODE_testuser' has finished successfully.
BIP8071I: Successful command completion.
testuser@testuser-Inspiron-N4010:~/iib-10.0.0.1/server/bin$
vennela
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

You have to eplicitly export an environment variable called ODBCINI that points to the file where you have your ODBC information, which in your case is /var/mqsi/odbc.ini
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vennela wrote:
You have to eplicitly export an environment variable called ODBCINI that points to the file where you have your ODBC information, which in your case is /var/mqsi/odbc.ini

You might want to make the odbcinst.ini as write-able by the group...
Code:
chmod ug+w odbcinst.ini

Have fun
stoney
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

It looks like you have ODBCINI and ODBCSYSINI set, but ODBCSYSINI is wrong.
ODBCSYSINI must point to the directory containing the odbcinst.ini file, not the file itself.

Quote:
BIP8289W: Unable to read ODBCSYSINI file in specified directory '/var/mqsi/odbcinst.ini'.

So in this case, ODBCSYSINI should be set to /var/mqsi.

Quote:
I did not find folder (/var/mqsi) created automatically. So, I created it manually. Again user mqbrkrs also not created as part of installation. Not sure but found somewhere that it is replaced by new group messagebus. So, changed accordingly. Still it does not work. I am getting below error while running mqsicvp.

IIBv10 by default uses a per-user registry which is created in your home directory.
The per-user registry uses your user ID and group.
If you want to switch to the system wide registry (/var/mqsi), you need to run the command.

Quote:
iib make registry global

Switching to the system wide registry will create and use the mqbrkrs group ID.
I do not know where you got the messagebus group ID from, but that information is incorrect.
firoj.badsa
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks for all the responses. Now I see below error message. Able to connect to the database from toolkit, not sure what is going wrong.

testuser@testuser-Inspiron-N4010:~/iib-10.0.0.1$ mqsicvp TESTNODE_testuser -n TESTGIB
BIP8290I: Verification passed for the ODBC environment.

BIP2393E: Database error: ODBC return code '-1' from data source ''TESTGIB'' using ODBC driver manager ''/home/adyaan/iib-10.0.0.1/ie02/lib/libodbcinterface.so''.
The integration node received an error when processing a database operation. The ODBC return code was '-1'. See the following messages for information obtained from the database about this error.
Use the following messages to determine the cause of the error. Typical problems are an incorrect data source, or table names. Correct either the database or the integration node configuration. Use the mqsicvp command to test connectivity to this database.
BIP2322E: Database error: SQL State ''IM002''; Native Error Code '0'; Error Text ''[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified''.
The error has the following diagnostic information: SQL State ''IM002'' SQL Native Error Code '0' SQL Error Text ''[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified''
This message may be accompanied by other messages describing the effect on the integration node itself. Use the reason identified in this message with the accompanying messages to determine the cause of the error. Use the mqsicvp command to test connectivity to this database.

BIP8040E: Unable to connect to the database.
The database cannot be accessed with the specified user Id and password pair.
- Check that the database is running.
- Check that the database has an adequate number of database connections available for use.
- On Windows, check that an ODBC connection has been created.
- On systems that use $ODBCINI, check that the file pointed to by $ODBCINI has been correctly updated.
- On z/OS check the BIPDSNAO member of the component's dataset, and check the DB2 64bit ODBC driver (DSNAO64C) is in the STEPLIB.
- Use mqsisetdbparms to set the password to the correct value and try again.

thanks in advance.
stoney
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Have you defined TESTGIB in the file that $ODBCINI points to?
If so, what is the stanza for TESTGIB from that file?
firoj.badsa
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi stoney!

Below is the entry from odbc.ini

;# DB2 stanza
[DB2DB]
DRIVER=/opt/ibm/db2/V10.5/lib64/libdb2o.so
Description=IBM DB2 ODBC Database
Database=TESTGIB
harish_td
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

firoj.badsa wrote:
Hi stoney!

;# DB2 stanza
[DB2DB]
Database=TESTGIB

Replace [DB2DB] with [TESTGIB] in your ini file.
nelson
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

harish_td wrote:
firoj.badsa wrote:
Hi stoney!

;# DB2 stanza
[DB2DB]
Database=TESTGIB

Replace [DB2DB] with [TESTGIB] in your ini file.

Also complete the "List of data sources stanza" section:

Code:
[ODBC Data Sources]
TESTGIB=IBM DB2 ODBC Driver
firoj.badsa
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks! It was solved after I made the changes in odbc.ini file.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » odbc.ini / odbcinst.ini - IIB10
Jump to: