ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Old Redbook

Old Redbook « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ivanachukapawn
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Old Redbook Reply with quote

Knight

I've been reading Redbook Datapower Architectural Design Patterns and see that there are 3 Datapower models (XA35m XS40, X150) - but then I noticed that this redbook is dated 2008. Is there updated architecture/engineering/Design documentation for Datapower (the 2008 redbook is what I found so far) ? Is it still true (7 years later) that there are just these 3 Datapower Models? In general, could you suggest current Datapower documentation resources?
ivanachukapawn
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Answering my own post. Of course there exist some very good redbooks dated 2008 which provide valuable high level information regarding design patterns for Datapower appliances - references to XS35, XA40, and X150 are still relevant to existing models in 2015 except for the exact model numbers etc. Nothing here to complain about. Please excuse the simplicity of my original post. I logged in to Developer Works and was almost immediately buried in mountains of Datapower knowledge resources and training resources. Working on these right now. But I just found a very interesting resource which might not be well known - the IBM Datapower Handbook - which is available via Amazon Kindle for free - Looking at this now on my iPhone - soon to find out how useful this handbook is for someone wishing to comprehend the vast functionality of the Datapower SOA Appliance.
mayheminMQ
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I have SG247901 - Datapower SOA Appliance Administration, Deployment and Best Practices from 2011 which is pretty good. Apart from this, it is the same 2008 Redbook I use too.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Old Redbook
Jump to: