ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Datapower- Web Services a design question

Datapower- Web Services a design question « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ucbus1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Datapower- Web Services a design question Reply with quote

Knight

I have a current application the flow is as indicated below:

App A-->MQ Req ---> DP --->MQ Req --->App B
App A<--MQ Resp <-- DP <---MQ Resp <---App B

DP thread posts the MQ Request to APP B and waits for the response for say 10 sec. If the response comes back within time limit the response is sent to App A. If the message is received after the time out (10 sec), the response messages from App B are accumulated on the MQ queue and a batch script reads the responses from App B and sends them to App A.

Now we are asked to use Web Services for the second leg of the flow

App A-->MQ Req ---> DP --->WS Req --->App B
App A<--MQ Resp <-- DP <---WS Resp <---App B

Given the above change, how should I handle the WS responses received from App B "after the timeout". This as I explained above is not a big issue with current MQ set up. But with the change to WS how can this be addressed. please share your experiences.
ucbus1
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Any insight?
ucbus1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Wondering if this is specific scenario, any insight?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question.

You want to know what happens if the backend tries to send a response to Datapower after DP has timed out waiting for the response?

If it's a WS call, then it's HTTP. If an HTTP request times out, the socket closes. So the backend *can't* send the response after DP has stopped waiting.

HTTP is synchronous. MQ is asynchronous - so responses can arrive regardless of whether anyone is still looking for them or not.
ganesh
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Quote:
how should I handle the WS responses received from App B "after the timeout".

App B will not be able to send a web service response to DP after DP has timed out, in a time out scenario what you may want to do is make DP send a timeout response to MQ Resp which will be consumed by App A.
Gaya3
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

if that is the case you can write the process internal to the DP and send it out to the MQ
Do Something Before you Die
anveshita
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Datapower- Web Services a design question Reply with quote

Master

ucbus1 wrote:
I have a current application the flow is as indicated below:

App A-->MQ Req ---> DP --->MQ Req --->App B
App A<--MQ Resp <-- DP <---MQ Resp <---App B

DP thread posts the MQ Request to APP B and waits for the response for say 10 sec. If the response comes back within time limit the response is sent to App A. If the message is received after the time out (10 sec), the response messages from App B are accumulated on the MQ queue and a batch script reads the responses from App B and sends them to App A.

Now we are asked to use Web Services for the second leg of the flow

App A-->MQ Req ---> DP --->WS Req --->App B
App A<--MQ Resp <-- DP <---WS Resp <---App B

Given the above change, how should I handle the WS responses received from App B "after the timeout". This as I explained above is not a big issue with current MQ set up. But with the change to WS how can this be addressed. please share your experiences.

I am not sure if you have received a response you are looking for. anyways. Here are my two cents...

If I am correct you have MQ reuest-response message pattern using Datapower. As mqjeff pointed out it may not be possible to implement in HTTP as it is asynchronous.

Now here is my suggestion and see if ti works for you. Can you add your app related information into WS header? Is the App B able to handle the custom information header?

DPFLow 1: App A-->MQ Req ---> DP --->WS Req --->App B
DP could take the MQ header information and insert into WS request message header.

DPFLow 2: App A<--MQ Resp <-- DP <---WS Resp <---App B
App B will send the WS Response inserting the custom header (MQ related) on the response send it back

DPFlow1 and DPFlow2 are independent.
Once DP receives the response it builds the MQ message response and sends it back to your origination.

I am just thinking aloud and would like to know if the above makes sense to you.
manoj5007
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

You can still go with the approach followed with MQ.
Here the issue will be DP response timing out, so in those scenarios, MQ Responses can be collected in a separate queue but you will need to discuss a way to communicate these failed responses with App A.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Datapower- Web Services a design question
Jump to: