ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Multiple MQGET associated to single MQ Input Node

Multiple MQGET associated to single MQ Input Node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

pandeg wrote:
Can I find the count of application specific messages too based on applic ID if defined in Message header from Broker Input Q using MQInput Node, though it handles millions of messages per Mins.

Yes.

pandeg wrote:
Also, would it be efficient to query for specific messages for particular application.

That depends entirely on how you plan to query for specific messages. Even if you had your original solution of thousands of local queues, how would you perform this query function after the messages had been processed? I'm assuming that as the input is "millions of messages per Mins" (sic) then these messages are not sitting on the queue for any length of time. So you must be querying them in some kind of off-loaded store. This technique does not change if you're using event messages.

Or to ask the question another way - if you could get the MQInput node to read from multiple input queues as you originally posted, how would you perform this query function?
pandeg
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Vitor wrote:
pandeg wrote:
Can I find the count of application specific messages too based on applic ID if defined in Message header from Broker Input Q using MQInput Node, though it handles millions of messages per Mins.

Quote:
Yes.

Do I need to maintain the count at the same time while reading the msg for each application based on applic ID, and how it will keep on updating the count as msgs are keep on processing. If the user request for cur depth for any specific application, can it display from cache and update it as an when message arrive.

pandeg wrote:
Also, would it be efficient to query for specific messages for particular application.

That depends entirely on how you plan to query for specific messages. Even if you had your original solution of thousands of local queues, how would you perform this query function after the messages had been processed? I'm assuming that as the input is "millions of messages per Mins" (sic) then these messages are not sitting on the queue for any length of time. So you must be querying them in some kind of off-loaded store. This technique does not change if you're using event messages.

Or to ask the question another way - if you could get the MQInput node to read from multiple input queues as you originally posted, how would you perform this query function?

I thought on querying for app specific messages but i need to store msgs some where,may be in DB before it process but again the database has to updated as the message is processed if i set a flag , to get the exact count . For my original solution---If I create separate thousand Qs, I would not need to do apply all this logic, I will simply use runmqsc commands to find curdepth, browse messages and clear messages from the Specific App, without affecting the flow.
Incase of reading from Multiple Input Q, I will again have to use DB or cache or some store to get each app specfic msg count. I am still thinking , creating thousand of Q using script is worth than applying all other logic, but not sure.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

pandeg wrote:
I thought on querying for app specific messages but i need to store msgs some where,may be in DB before it process but again the database has to updated as the message is processed if i set a flag , to get the exact count .

For a flow with "millions of messages a minute" that's absolutely not going to scale without some very nifty DB design.

pandeg wrote:
For my original solution---If I create separate thousand Qs, I would not need to do apply all this logic, I will simply use runmqsc commands to find curdepth, browse messages and clear messages from the Specific App, without affecting the flow.

At the speeds you're talking about, that wouldn't have worked either. Any counts you got would be out of date immediately, and browsing & clearing messages would have been highly problematic. Even at lower volumes, all this would be very, very hard to work.

pandeg wrote:
Incase of reading from Multiple Input Q, I will again have to use DB or cache or some store to get each app specfic msg count.

So you think I'm lying / mistaken / crazy when I tell you that you can get this from the event messages? You're right on one of those adjectives but I stand by:

Quote:
pandeg wrote:

Vitor wrote:
Yes

pandeg wrote:
I am still thinking , creating thousand of Q using script is worth than applying all other logic, but not sure.

And thousands of flows. You'll need one MQInput node for each queue and I really wouldn't recommend putting thousands of MQInput nodes in a single flow from a performance standpoint.

In the last analysis, it's your site, your requirement and your problem to solve so you must do what you think is best. We (I) can advise, but you're the one who has to support all this.

Good luck.
pandeg
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks for your detailed explanation. i have never used event based configuration. Could you please refer any link/Tutorial or sample where i can get details to implement for this requirement.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

pandeg wrote:
i have never used event based configuration.

And there's no reason for you to start now. As I hoped I indicated above, this is your site and your requirement to implement. If you're happier with having thousands of input queues because it's something you're more familiar with rather than a new facet of the broker software, then you're the one supporting it and you must make that decision. I like to think that I've pointed out some of the potential pitfalls of your solution that you need to address and this will make any implementation of this unwieldy behemoth less n a s t y.

pandeg wrote:
Could you please refer any link/Tutorial or sample where i can get details to implement for this requirement.

Start here
pandeg
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks Vitor for your valuable suggestions. I will go with even based configuration later , once i will do a small POC on it. I am learning it
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

You can use the alias queue definitions to set different message priority values and detect this value in the message MQMD in the broker flow.

However it would of course cause these messages to be retrieved by priority unless you override the delivery sequence in the local queue definition to FIFO.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Multiple MQGET associated to single MQ Input Node
Jump to: