ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » iSeries, OpenVMS, HP-NSS » Adding Version 2.2 Queue manager to MQExplorer

Adding Version 2.2 Queue manager to MQExplorer « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
skopparapu
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Adding Version 2.2 Queue manager to MQExplorer Reply with quote

Novice

Hello All,

We are using a very very old queue manager of version 2.2 build on open VMS in our project. I am very new to this VMS operating system and is becoming difficult task for me to administer MQ objects. I want to add queue manager configured on VMS to my MQExplorer.

So, I created a new SVRCONN channel with a valid MCAUSER on VMS and making use of the created channel from MQExplorer for connecting to queue manager.
It then throwing the error "an unexpected error(2067) has occurred. (AMQ4999)."

I googled and found the error is due to "MQRC_SELECTOR_LIMIT_EXCEEDED".

Can someone help me out to resolve this please..
markt
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Apart from the usual advice about out of date/unsupported software ...

If your google found that 2067 is MQRC_SELECTOR_LIMIT_EXCEEDED, you need to use a different search engine (like grep on cmqc.h perhaps, or learn about the "mqrc" command)

2067 is MQRC_SELECTOR_ERROR which means that Explorer is asking the qmgr for the value of some attribute that the qmgr does not understand. An attribute that was not available at that old a level. No idea which one but it's unlikely to be modifiable.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

This is the first hit when I googled 'mqrc 2067' http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.0.1/com.ibm.mq.csqsao.doc/fm12680_1.htm

Quote:
2067 (0813) (RC2067): MQRC_SELECTOR_ERROR

Explanation
An MQINQ or MQSET call was issued, but the Selectors array contains a selector that is not valid for one of the following reasons:

The selector is not supported or out of range.
The selector is not applicable to the type of object whose attributes are being inquired or set.
The selector is for an attribute that cannot be set.

This reason also occurs if the parameter pointer is not valid. (It is not always possible to detect parameter pointers that are not valid; if not detected, unpredictable results occur.)
Completion Code

MQCC_FAILED
Programmer response

Ensure that the value specified for the selector is valid for the object type represented by Hobj. For the MQSET call, also ensure that the selector represents an integer attribute that can be set.

skopparapu
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

If so, is there anyway to record the error in logs about which attribute mismatches or preventing me to add the queue manager into EXPlorer ? so that I can have a clue to work on it.

Thanks Bruce and Mark for your replies.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I think you really need to give up on using MQE with this version of a qmgr.

Stick with MQSC.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » iSeries, OpenVMS, HP-NSS » Adding Version 2.2 Queue manager to MQExplorer
Jump to: