ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Application Server » Resource environment provider and JMS resources

Resource environment provider and JMS resources « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
nuernbergms
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Resource environment provider and JMS resources Reply with quote

Novice

Hello, I have the following question:

So far we have a more or less normal integration of IBM Websphere and IBM MQ in order that we can access MQ resources from our web-app.
The resource references (for Connection Factory and Queues) are configured in web.xml by resource-ref entries.

What we try to achieve is whether we can get rid off these resource references in the web.xml, or at least can have a web.xml with generic entries (the web-app is a standard product which can be used in projects with different resource requirements).

If this can be achieved using JEE standard mechanism, in order that we can switch containers, this would be even better.

Recently I came across Websphere resource environment providers here http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0611_totapally/0611_totapally.html. From the first glance it seemed to be about adminstered objects which can can group resources. In your web.xml you would reference such an object using a resource-env-ref entry in a generic way. In the container you would then configure the actual resources. However, the example from the link above covers only storing key/value string pairs here. Conceptual it seemed to me it should be possible to also hold more complex things like JMS resources here. At least the example doesn't cover this, and in the Websphere admin console I also didn't find GUI elements enabling this.
So am I wrong? is it not possible?

Best regards

Michael
Gaya3
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

you can get rid of the references in the web.xml, this is all how you make the references in WAS.

as an Admin you can set up the naming conventions, best practices,

all admins/architects love symmetrical way, so understanding in that aspect you can drive the patterns.

Keeping references under Cluster scope
Keeping references under Server scope
Keeping references under Cell scope

How to avoid Apps making more problems to the Operational objects/Infrastructure.

am just pointing some topics for better discussion, would consider this topic more on a designing aspect than on technical feasibility
Do Something Before you Die
nuernbergms
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thank you, but your answer is too abstract for me. I understand that configuration should be done using the right scope.
Can you point me to some actual example how to configure this?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Application Server » Resource environment provider and JMS resources
Jump to: