ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Queue manager version (multi-install) vs WMB version

Queue manager version (multi-install) vs WMB version « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Queue manager version (multi-install) vs WMB version Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I am using WMB 7006 with a QM at MQ 7504 (primary install) on AIX.

For various reasons I would like to run that QM at 7505 by installing that version of MQ as a secondary installation and then associating the QM to that installation.

However WMB 7 can only use the MQ primary install location - would it be OK to migrate the QM to MQ 7505 in this way, whilst leaving the broker using the MQ 7504 libraries?

Does anyone see any issues with this?

Last edited by zpat on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
markt
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

That should work for all applications using the MQI.

Multi-install will transparently redirect the application's MQI calls to the correct stubs for the qmgr's version.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You will need to make sure the broker will fail over to the same machine as the queue manager.

Broker uses bindings connections, so it must always run on the same machine as the queue manager.

Unless it's a v10 broker.
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

These are all on the same AIX host and in the same HA RG.

I know that WMB 7 has particular restrictions with regard to (lack of) multi-version MQ support due to the way it loads the MQ libraries.

However I was hoping that just a fixpack level difference would not fall foul of this issue.

Thanks for replies - anyone from WMB development care to comment?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
You will need to make sure the broker will fail over to the same machine as the queue manager.

Broker uses bindings connections, so it must always run on the same machine as the queue manager.

Unless it's a v10 broker.

isn't the queue manager still a pre-requisite for multi-instance broker in V10 ?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Queue manager version (multi-install) vs WMB version
Jump to: