ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Newbie:change additional instances with mqsichangeproperties

Newbie:change additional instances with mqsichangeproperties « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ruimadaleno
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: Newbie:change additional instances with mqsichangeproperties Reply with quote

Master

Hi all,

this is a very newbie question.

My environment:
WMB 8.0.0.4 running on windows
Servers are managed by a third party

Goal: I need to change additional instances in a deployed message flow. Servers running WMB are not managed by my company , so i need to send a change request to our third party to make the change.

I know i can change the value in Bar file , using toolkit or mqsibaroverride. I don't want to change bar file (updated with additiona instances new value) a request a new message flow deployment.

Right now i have the message flow deployed and need to change the value of "additional instances" (without redeploy). Can this be done with a mqsi* command ?

Note: i don't want to use message broker explorer nor CMP api

Rui Madaleno
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie:change additional instances with mqsichangeproper Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ruimadaleno wrote:

I know i can change the value in Bar file , using toolkit or mqsibaroverride. I don't want to change bar file (updated with additiona instances new value) a request a new message flow deployment.

Right now i have the message flow deployed and need to change the value of "additional instances" (without redeploy). Can this be done with a mqsi* command ?

So I assume you checked the Infocenter... What did it say?
I would offer you mqsideploy but you did not want that one either...
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

If I change the additional instances count using Message Broker Explorer in the message flow properties screen and apply it - does it take effect immediately?

Is there any need to stop/start the flow, EG or broker to make it take effect?

WMB 7.0.0.6 on AIX.
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

To answer my own question - it does take effect immediately - but the instances are only started when needed.
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
As per OP..

shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie:change additional instances with mqsichangeproper Reply with quote

Grand Master

ruimadaleno wrote:

My environment:
WMB 8.0.0.4 running on windows
Servers are managed by a third party

Goal: I need to change additional instances in a deployed message flow. Servers running WMB are not managed by my company , so i need to send a change request to our third party to make the change.

Why?
Are there any performance issues you've faced Or you've already identified the performance issues that are because of message broker and load of incoming messages and you want it to sort it out.

ruimadaleno wrote:

Changing anything to the deployed application in Production requires a change request in the ideal world, followed by certain approvals and agreed processes. But if you want to do it own your own (without a change request) then how would it make a difference if you do it with MBX or by chaging the property at the Bar File.

I would say, don't do it unless you know the reason of doing so.

As one of the worthy associate has mentioned that broker creates additional instances dynamically as and when required (based on if additional instances are mentioned).

By the way, as you know additional instances at mflow can be applied using any of following mqsibaroverride/mqsideploy/Mbx., but you need to know how many additional instances would serve your purpose and do you also need to think about instances at node level or not.

smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Perhaps the SLA he has means that a CR costs a huge amount of $$$$ even for such a trivial thing as this?

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Newbie:change additional instances with mqsichangeproperties
Jump to: