ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » How the cluster topic and proxy subscription works ?

How the cluster topic and proxy subscription works ? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
bj
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: How the cluster topic and proxy subscription works ? Reply with quote

How the cluster topic and proxy subscription works ? I got a 4 qmgrs that publish msg to one subscriber on a different qmgr ? I am planning to create a cluster topic and subscription on subscriber qmgr , I need to know what system queues are used internally and is there a guide for troubleshooting purposes ? What happenes when subscriber qmgr down which got topic and subscription defined ? Please help -Thank you
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: How the cluster topic and proxy subscription works ? Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bj wrote:
How the cluster topic and proxy subscription works ?

As documented.

bj wrote:
I got a 4 qmgrs that publish msg to one subscriber on a different qmgr ? I am planning to create a cluster topic and subscription on subscriber qmgr , I need to know what system queues are used internally and is there a guide for troubleshooting purposes ?

The SCTQ would be used if you're on a version of WMQ that doesn't allow you to change it or you're on a version of WMQ that does allow you to change it but have chosen not to do so. Aside from that, you troubleshoot this like you troubleshoot anything else in WMQ.

bj wrote:
What happenes when subscriber qmgr down which got topic and subscription defined ?

Whatever the publisher has configured to happen plus whatever the subscriber has configured to happen. Consider these:

- the subscriber is down due to it's queue manager being down so no publications are even made
- the subscriber is down due to it's queue manager being down but the publication is configired to be retained so the publication is stored, but the subscriber does not subscribe to retained publications so no publication is received.
- the subscriber is down due to it's queue manager being down but the publication is configired to be retained so the publication is stored, but the subscriber does subscribe to retained publications so it receives the publication
- the subscriber is down due to it's queue manager being down but the subscription is durable so the subscriber receives all publications made on restart

There are a wide number of variations to those scenarios, and not all of those scenarios are errors; there are (for example) solid design reasons for not using retained sublications or durable subscriptions for some use cases.
bj
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response, MQ version on all 5 qmgrs are different, Subscriptions are durable subscriptions so it stays in the queue. What internal System queues are used internally ? Is there a troubleshooting guide ?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

http://www.mqtechconference.com/sessions_v2013/MQTC-PubSub_Part_I.pdf
http://www.mqtechconference.com/sessions_v2013/MQTC-PubSub_Part_II.pdf
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bj wrote:
MQ version on all 5 qmgrs are different

Now that's a bit silly, isn't it?

bj wrote:
Subscriptions are durable subscriptions so it stays in the queue.

Then why did you ask how it worked if you know?

bj wrote:
What internal System queues are used internally ?

See my answer to this question above

bj wrote:
Is there a troubleshooting guide ?

See my answer to this question above.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
http://www.mqtechconference.com/sessions_v2013/MQTC-PubSub_Part_I.pdf
http://www.mqtechconference.com/sessions_v2013/MQTC-PubSub_Part_II.pdf

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » How the cluster topic and proxy subscription works ?
Jump to: